MM 5.0.2.2519 unstable and crashes

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

MM 5.0.2.2519 unstable and crashes

Post by terryo »

I was told to load MM 5.0.2.2519 to deal with an older version being unstable and crashing.

It still crashes. It still asks me to reopen in safe mode.
drakinite

Re: MM 5.0.2.2519 unstable and crashes

Post by drakinite »

Hi, could you install a debug build & submit the crash log ID in this thread or a support ticket? (item 4a here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643) Debug builds allow us to examine what caused the crash by submitting logs.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
terryo

Post by terryo »

I have debugview installed. Where do I find the latest debug version of MM5?
Friedrich

Post by Friedrich »

terryo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:26 pm Where do I find the latest debug version of MM5?
viewtopic.php?p=490149#p490149
MM5 (2606)and MM4 (1919) installed and running well on:
Debian 11 KDE, EndeavourOS KDE (wine 7.4 via playonlinux), Win10 64bit
terryo

Post by terryo »

I haven't found a reliable way to replicate the crashes. They seem random.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Have you updated to build 2523? If random it will mean you'll just need to leave DebugView running till it a crash occurs and then save immediately after a crash.
terryo

Post by terryo »

I am up to version 2531 and it is much more stable. Only crashes once or twice a week. I'll load up the debug version.

However, tagging, database entry updates, and level track volume are painfully slow. I needed to update over 6,000 tags and MM5 has taken 15 minutes to do just 400 of those tags. At this rate it is going to take over 3 hours to complete the tagging. I haven't timed level track volume or database entry updates, but they seem to be in a similar range. This is weird as I have a fast machine with NVMe drives.

But I have to say MM5 does so many other things so much faster, especially Add/Rescan, it is changing my work habits. Nice work!
Peke

Post by Peke »

terryo wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:50 pm I am up to version 2531 and it is much more stable. Only crashes once or twice a week. I'll load up the debug version.

However, tagging, database entry updates, and level track volume are painfully slow. I needed to update over 6,000 tags and MM5 has taken 15 minutes to do just 400 of those tags. At this rate it is going to take over 3 hours to complete the tagging. I haven't timed level track volume or database entry updates, but they seem to be in a similar range. This is weird as I have a fast machine with NVMe drives.

But I have to say MM5 does so many other things so much faster, especially Add/Rescan, it is changing my work habits. Nice work!
Like you pointed we already fixed one bottleneck in 5.0.2 so Please open support ticket and supply us debug log as described at viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643 and if possible DL link to small video capture just before you started tagging/volume leveling which will show how slow it is. That will narrow things down where to look and what steps needs to be done to replicate and catch where things happen.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
terryo

Post by terryo »

I'll try to capture it next time I run a couple thousand tag changes.* I was tossing multiple blocks of tag changes at the same time, which in several other MM functions has not caused any problems. MM5 seems very robust now that it is settling down.

*I'm reorganizing my use of the custom tags. I haven't checked yet but it would be nice to be able to cut and paste blocks of entries between tag fields.
Peke

Post by Peke »

terryo wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:10 pm *I'm reorganizing my use of the custom tags. I haven't checked yet but it would be nice to be able to cut and paste blocks of entries between tag fields.
e are already working on something like that, actually @drakinite is working on it.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts