[REQ] Playing tracks with higher ratings more frequently

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

lizrory

[REQ] Playing tracks with higher ratings more frequently

Post by lizrory »

Hi,
I last saw this topic from 2015. I was going to ask for in while using Win10 MM4. But Hoping it would be added in v5 but alas.
I have 63k+ tracks. All have ratings. I would like my 5 stars to play 5 times more often, 4 stars play 4 times more often. Well, you get the idea. Can we please have this as a playlist order option? This option I would expect to be for track randomizing only.
Unless you ALSO put forth the option to rate the album if tracks are not all the same (when they are then then that becomes the album rating). And a list of albums with different track ratings within to find them and give the album a rating. With maybe a default to average the track's ratings but still on the list. This option then allows albums to be playing with the rating impact.
As reference for the idea, see the version 2 of KDE Amarok.
Humbly submitted,
Rory
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Playing tracks with higher ratings more frequently

Post by Lowlander »

You can achieve this result with a bit of AutoPlaylist work.

You'd create an AutoPlaylist for each Rating, limited to x amount of files. The limit would be based on your desired ratio. Then you create the master AutoPlaylist that includes all the different Rating AutoPlaylists and you'll have your ratio of Ratings in that AutoPlaylist.
Rob_S

Re: [REQ] Playing tracks with higher ratings more frequently

Post by Rob_S »

I dont think that would achieve the desired result in first post above. The final playlist would merely include more songs of the higher rated ones that you have, but still each song only one time.

I believe the desired result would be that in a playlist containing all of your songs rated as say 4+, you could play randomly and it would select a 5 star 70% of the time, and a 4.5 star 50%, and a 4 star only 30% of the time. Next thing you know, we would want the number of stars to be included, and the percentages, to be configurable.

OP, please confirm or otherwise if I have grasped what you are looking for??

I suppose you could roughly achieve this by creating a playlist that has your 5 star songs in it 3 times each, and your 4.5 star ones twice, and your 4 star ones once only. You might end up hearing the same track twice in a row!!!
Using 5.1 LATEST alpha or beta build on Windows 10, HP laptop, managing 13k tracks