No more horizontal slider bar for the Media Tree? [#15757]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

terryo

No more horizontal slider bar for the Media Tree? [#15757]

Post by terryo »

Why was the horizontal slider bar removed from the Media Tree in MM5? Or is it now an option hidden in some menu?

I used this a lot in MM4. It allowed me to keep the Media Tree narrow, yet still be able to see the full titles of folders as needed.
Lowlander

Re: No more horizontal slider bar for the Media Tree?

Post by Lowlander »

terryo

Re: No more horizontal slider bar for the Media Tree? [#15757]

Post by terryo »

Well, I guess I'm the first complaint. In itself it was just a commonly expected, nice feature. But the fact that it enabled keeping the media tree narrow is huge for running MM5 on my 2 laptops with their smaller screens.

A DJ like me needs more columns displayed on their screen than most users.
drakinite

Re: No more horizontal slider bar for the Media Tree? [#15757]

Post by drakinite »

Personally I agree that the lack of scrollbar makes it sleeker, but I see the reason for some users needing it. Hopefully we can make it an option in the future, perhaps as an addon by 5.1.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.