Syncing Changes

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

mozman75

Syncing Changes

Post by mozman75 »

Good Evening,

I have this weird thing happening when I go to sync new additions to my library to my phone. When I go to check the appropriate album, it disappears. I need to back out of MM completely and then do a sync for the new files to be checked.

I'm using the newest build of MM and Windows 11.

Thanks for the help.

Phil
Barry4679

Re: Syncing Changes

Post by Barry4679 »

Hi Phil,

it may be a refresh issue. Try selecting the folder in the left hand pane in the Library Content" tab, and pressing F5. That may be a workaround to avoid the MM5 Close|Restart.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
mozman75

Post by mozman75 »

Thanks, Barry. I'll give that a try this afternoon.
mozman75

Post by mozman75 »

The refresh did not work as Barry thought. Sorry, Barry, but thanks for the idea.

I was able to identify the albums I wanted to sync through the Artist node but it still disappears when I try to select the album to sync in the Album node.

Any ideas?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Are you saying that selecting individual Albums on the Sync list (Library --> Device) tab under Music > Albums that the newly selected Album disappears? If so, I couldn't reproduce this.

Or is it something specific to newly scanned Albums?

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey are you using?
mozman75

Post by mozman75 »

Hi Lowlander,

Version: 5.02.2523; Windows 11

This happens when I've scanned/ripped an album and go to sync it in the same session. It shows up on the list as available to sync but when I click it, it disappears. The album is still in my database, but it doesn't appear again in the sync list until I've restarted the program.

Phil
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
mozman75

Post by mozman75 »

Thanks, Lowlander. I'll do this this weekend.
mozman75

Post by mozman75 »

Lowlander...

I was about to get a bebug log and then noticed an update. I loaded it and interestingly, my issue has been fixed. I'll keep an eye out for it cropping up again in a future build but as they say, if it ain't broke...

Thanks for the help.

Phil