Bug? Increase play counter at: x% is ignored

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Leonos

Bug? Increase play counter at: x% is ignored

Post by Leonos »

In Tools | Options | Player | Playback rules there is an option regarding the play counter increase. I've set it on 60% so I expected the play counter to increase if and when the song has played for at least 60% of the duration of the song before clicking the next track button or selecting another song. But that is not the case. The counter only increases if the end of the song is reached, regardless the setting (which is 100% by default). Is this a bug?
Lowlander

Re: Bug? Increase play counter at: x% is ignored

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you using? Is this a problem for all files, or just certain files (like short length files)?
Leonos

Post by Leonos »

That's version 5.0.1.2433. Not sure if it happens to all files, I tested about 15 songs, all longer than 3 minutes.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Please try again on the latest 5.0.2 release as bugs with this were fixed: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
Leonos

Post by Leonos »

"This is pre-release software -- please backup your files to protect against data loss."
Thanks but I've just spent days to get everything right and don't want to risk that now. I will try it as soon as it is released officially. Besides, the play count is not exactly a deal breaker, especially since I hardly skip songs when they are playing. They are in a playlist for a reason. :D

I just wanted the devs to know that in my version it is not working as intended.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, this issue has already been fixed in 5.0.2.
It is already in RC state ( safe to try).
Leonos

Post by Leonos »

Thanks, I'll try it.