[REQ] My MM5 wishes and ideas

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

ShefSam

[REQ] My MM5 wishes and ideas

Post by ShefSam »

-Auto-organizing Files with MM5

When auto-organizing files in MM5 and the tool runs into duplicate named files it simply asks if one wants to overwrite the file (just like most other OS file systems) however with MM5 there is currently no option to see and/or compare the identically named files it has run into.

It would be very beneficial to have the standard file property comparison/review process, if possible. (Being able to dig into tags while comparing the files too would be an added bonus.)
drakinite

Re: MMS wishes and ideas

Post by drakinite »

Hi, this is a thread for MediaMonkeyServer; please put feature requests in the MediaMonkey5 forum :slight_smile: viewforum.php?f=30
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Ludek

Re: My MM5 wishes and ideas

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
are you talking about Tools > Auto-organize ?

For me the two identical paths/filenames results are auto-resolved,
one gets the (1) numbered suffix thus there is no overwrite prompt and no data loss.

Which MM5 build you are using?
ShefSam

Re: My MM5 wishes and ideas

Post by ShefSam »

The latest build

Yes it does auto resolve.

I am asking for a comparison popup with side by sise details (file size, date, etc.)
Ludek

Re: [REQ] My MM5 wishes and ideas

Post by Ludek »

Try this node:
Music > Files to edit > Duplicate Titles/Artists