I do want to use MM5 .... But ....

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

calummcgregor

I do want to use MM5 .... But ....

Post by calummcgregor »

So ... I have used MM for a LONG time ... have over 140,000 tracks on PC which, after years of practice, I could manage and manipulate on MM4 - with extensive use of must have Combine Albums, Renumber, Case checking, etc. scripts (which are all a must and should be built in by default) I also routinely copy tracks to my pair of Sony music players - typically twice a week. Auto file organise is also used a lot. MM5 has been a struggle to use ... pretty much a dreadful experience ... buggy, slow (moves at a glacial pace), crashy, fewer scripts, can't write disks, and it's a hit or miss (usually a miss) for album art to make it to any portable music player (works fine on MM4) .... setting up an external USB DAC is trial / error to get there ... it's only because of my loyalty to the developers who were always very helpful / prompt re resolving issues in the past that I keep checking to see if MM5 has been fixed yet .... it has not. So I still use MM4 ... but have also started checking out MusicBee (which is fast for my 140,000 tracks, works well with an external USB DAC, can find / transfer, album art ... but is less heloful re seeing sample rate, bit rate, file type, ripping, etc.) My setup of DBPowerAmp for ripping plus MM4 for managing tracks is still the best although I do quite like some aspects of MusicBee (especially the speed) ... but MM5 needs A LOT, yes A LOT, of work to get me to invest any time in mastering it ... even simple things like right click - play been mucked up ... super frustrated .... Aberdeen, Scotland.
drakinite

Re: I do want to use MM5 .... But ....

Post by drakinite »

Hi there,
Really sorry to hear that you've had so many issues. We are aware of many of the issues present in the first two releases of MM5, and are hard at work improving the experience overall. Have you tried the latest 5.0.2 release candidate (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=86639&sd=d)? It already has many performance and stability improvements over 5.0.1.

If you already have, and you're still experiencing those issues, could you elaborate on the specific problems you're having? For example, you say right click > play is mucked up. What exactly happens when you attempt it, and what steps do you need to take to reproduce the issue?
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.