MM5 opens in background [#18622]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Deadcool

MM5 opens in background [#18622]

Post by Deadcool »

Hello,

When opening MediaMonkey 5, it always opens in the background (i.e. the icon flashes on my iconbar to tell me it's opened, but it doesn't appear in the foreground / "active" window even if nothing else has been clicked.) This causes me to have to click the icon on the iconbar to bring it to the front (or I suppose Alt+Tab would work, or minimizing everything else manually, but that's even worse.)

I'm running MM 5.0.2.2523 in Win10.
dtsig

Re: MM5 opens in background

Post by dtsig »

Happens here too ... not to much of a bother but would be nice to be fixed

DSig
Where's the db and ini stored
Reporting Bugs
Where tags are stored

Not affiliated with MediaMonkey ... just a RABID user/lover
DTSig
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce. Can you please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Hi,

I've been able to replicate the problem, upon double-clicking MediaMonkey.exe from file explorer, but not when launching 'normally' via the Start Menu (see details at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18622 ). Does the problem occur for you when launching via the Start Menu ?

If yes, can you clarify whether it's a regular installation or portable, and provide a log?

Thanks!

-Rusty
Blackcat12

Re: MM5 opens in background [#18622]

Post by Blackcat12 »

Hi Rusty,
I am also facing this issue on my laptop. This is a portable installation and I open MMW5 from a Windows desktop shortcut.

I have attached a debug log to ticket:

https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/?su ... aE00Rr0ta5
Deadcool

Post by Deadcool »

rusty wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:05 pm I've been able to replicate the problem, upon double-clicking MediaMonkey.exe from file explorer, but not when launching 'normally' via the Start Menu (see details at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18622 ). Does the problem occur for you when launching via the Start Menu ?
Hi Rusty,

It's a normal install, but I think you're correct about the executable shortcut -- I have both MM4 and MM5 installed, so I probably dragged a shortcut to the MM5 .exe to my iconbar. Out of cuirosity, why would launching the executable have a different behavior than launching the installfile-created shortcut?
rusty

Post by rusty »

I'm not a dev, but I expect that most launchers release focus to the app that's been launched (no one wants the launcher to stay in focus).

-Rusty
rusty

Post by rusty »

This will be fixed in the next build.

-Rusty