Problems with Files to Edit>DB / Tag mismatches?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

sonos

Problems with Files to Edit>DB / Tag mismatches?

Post by sonos »

To keep my DB up to date I checked my music for tag mismatches (Files to Edit>DB / Tag mismatches). Several tracks were found. After marking the tracks I updated the tags by pressing Ctrl S.
Checking again for mismatches resulted in the same list of tracks with mismatches.
What is wrong?
sonos

Re: Problems with Files to Edit>DB / Tag mismatches?

Post by sonos »

Addendum:
Version 5.0.2.2524 portable mode
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Nothing is wrong if you see nothing wrong with your files, Files to Edit is just a tool to help identify files that may need attention. Sometimes it's due to ID3v1 vs ID3v2 differences in MP3 files.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:18 pm Nothing is wrong if you see nothing wrong with your files, Files to Edit is just a tool to help identify files that may need attention. Sometimes it's due to ID3v1 vs ID3v2 differences in MP3 files.
That seems to be an inadequate answer.

Hi sonos

have you noticed that the tags that are mismatched are marked via in the report via shading?
Try right clicking the heading line of the report, and then use "Choose Columns" option to add every column.
That should alert you to where MM5 see mismatches, and may help you to understand the issue better.

Selecting mismatched tracks, and pressing Ctrl+S should resolve the differences.
Regardless of what LowLander says I would assume that any remaining differences are an issue that the Devs should investigate. ... I get no such persistent issues, and I think that it is reasonable expectation that if MM5 wrote the tag, that is should get a match when it rereads it.

I would open a Support Ticket, and attach one of the tracks and a zipped copy of your MM5.db.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Check the ID Tags with some external Tool like MP3Tag, dir those tracks. Had the same issue, in my case some of the userfield tags were doubled (tags were saved twice with different values), and Ctrl+S wouldn't solve that.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
sonos

Post by sonos »

I thought if you update the tags with Ctrl S (after running "DB / Tag mismatches") then they match in the DB and in the tracks (no matter which column is marked).
Now, I have added all columns to observe the column of tag mismatch. Then I marked some lines (tracks) of the found tag mismatches and started the update (Ctrl S). Interestingly, the marked lines (tracks) appeared again in the list after I started "DB / Tags mismatches" again.
sonos

Post by sonos »

Check the ID Tags with some external Tool like MP3Tag, dir those tracks. Had the same issue, in my case some of the userfield tags were doubled (tags were saved twice with different values), and Ctrl+S wouldn't solve that.
I have also investigated the problem with Mp3Tag and can confirm your result.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

For MP3 you can try Clear Tags before Update Tags (embedded Artwork will be lost). Sometimes there are corruptions in tags which can include multiple entries for the same tag.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

sonos wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:49 am I thought if you update the tags with Ctrl S (after running "DB / Tag mismatches") then they match in the DB and in the tracks (no matter which column is marked).
They do, ie. all tags are updated from the db. I was just meaning that the shading gives visibility, provided the column is selected for display.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:09 pm They do, ie. all tags are updated from the db.
Yes, but if there are duplicate tags (in my case it was custom fields, one of which was saved multiple times with different values), only ONE of the tags is saved again, but (presumably) all versions are read, and that leads to a "mismatch".

i did a clean up with MP3Tag, and that solved it for me: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=99331&p=482964#p482964
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView