Player finishes only current track when returning from sleep [#18626]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Yerushalmi

Player finishes only current track when returning from sleep [#18626]

Post by Yerushalmi »

Hello,

If MMW5 is still playing music when the computer is put into sleep mode, then when the computer is turned back in it resumes playing. But it only resumes playing until the end of the current track, after which the cursor is returned to 00:00 and it refuses to continue with the next track in the Now Playing Queue. It clearly still thinks it's playing music; the main button still displays the || "click here to pause" symbol rather than the triangular "click here to play" symbol.

If I click anywhere along the length of the track it jumps to that point and "continues" playing from there as if it had been playing all along, and the time elapsed and time remaining numbers are updated according to where I clicked - but they don't change as the song is played. Same thing if I click the pause/play button - it resumes playing but doesn't update.

Only if I manually select and start playing a track does it resume normal behavior.

The computer:
Samsung Galaxy Book Go, ARM64 processor, Windows 10, running MMW 5.0.2.2524.
Ludek

Re: Player finishes only current track when returning from sleep

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for reporting, I can replicate.

Tracking as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18626
Yerushalmi

Re: Player finishes only current track when returning from sleep [#18626]

Post by Yerushalmi »

This bug, or something like it, seems to have come back again.

The computer: Dell XPS 13 9310, Windows 10, running MMW 5.0.3.2610
Lowlander

Re: Player finishes only current track when returning from sleep [#18626]

Post by Lowlander »

Please capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why.