When syncing from device to PC, MMW5 insists on selecting the "Video" folder [#18436 ]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Yerushalmi

When syncing from device to PC, MMW5 insists on selecting the "Video" folder [#18436 ]

Post by Yerushalmi »

As in title. I can deselect Video on the Sync list (Device --> Library) page as many times as I like, but every time I actually perform a sync, I find Video has been reselected next time I go to that page.

The computer:
Dell Latitude 7420, 64-bit Windows 10, running MMW 5.0.2.2524.

The phone (if relevant):
Samsung Galaxy A12, running MMA version 1.4.5.0960
Lowlander

Re: When syncing from device to PC, MMW5 insists on selecting the "Video" folder

Post by Lowlander »

Are you trying to Sync other content back to the PC, if not you can disable the whole option.

Are you deselecting Video with the device connected via USB to your PC?
Yerushalmi

Re: When syncing from device to PC, MMW5 insists on selecting the "Video" folder

Post by Yerushalmi »

Yes - I'm copying my music and playlists onto the PC, but every time I do so I come back after the sync to find that "Video" has been selected again.

I've tried deselecting it both with and without the device currently being connected. Either way it gets reselected once I perform a sync. (I don't know if in practice it gets selected before or after the sync.)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

AFAIR this has been fixed in 5.0.2, are you on 5.0.2.2524 ?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Curious, seeing that I've fixed it as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18436

Trying to replicate...
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I see, I can confirm that the 'Video' folder is still re-added after sync with Android devices (having MMA installed).

So I've re-opened https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18436 to fix this

Workaround is to remove the 'Video' folder from the target masks in
Devices & Services > device > Sync profile > File Locations
Not_tech_savy

Post by Not_tech_savy »

Ludek wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:07 pm I see, I can confirm that the 'Video' folder is still re-added after sync with Android devices (having MMA installed).

So I've re-opened https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18436 to fix this

Workaround is to remove the 'Video' folder from the target masks in
Devices & Services > device > Sync profile > File Locations
I've had this problem as well. I also noticed in sync profile area. Where it asks about other places to scan it re selects both the music and video folders in that area after I deselect, apply, then tell my phone to sync.

Also I was curious, in the other places to scan area is that music folder different from the sync library to mmw one?
MMW5 - 2690 beta Gold
MMA2 - 1073 beta Pro
Phone - S23 Ultra - liked the S21 Ultra more