Playlists not being copied from MMA to MMW5

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Yerushalmi

Re: Playlists not being copied from MMA to MMW5

Post by Yerushalmi »

I think I understand. So Rusty was right.

So I've unchecked "Sync playlists (recommended)" from the Sync profile tab, so at least it won't get copied *back* to MMA. I think and hope.

And I guess this means I'll have to do manual copying to the work computer from now on. Which is really annoying, because it means my smartphone has less functionality than my old MP3 players.

Regarding the massive wait times: It's always like that! In the other thread you asked me to test if the podcasts are still deleted even if MMA is closed, so I started a sync, and it's been over ten minutes stuck on "Uploading metadata". It just finished now while I was writing this. (I used to get impatient and cancel the sync, but I've since learned that if I forget about it and go away and come back it'll eventually finish after Android's idiotic, moronic, stupid transfer protocol gets unlocked.)

I hate smartphones so damn much.

Thank you though for all the help throughout this process.
Ludek

Re: Playlists not being copied from MMA to MMW5

Post by Ludek »

If the USB sync is always so slow for you then you might want to use Wi-Fi sync with MMA or alternatively if your phone has SD card then copy the playlists/music/podcasts from the SD card by inserting it to SD card slot in PC directly -- though manipulating SD card is also time consuming.

Another workaround could be to not sync music with the "work computer" att all and play it directly from the smartphone via UPnP/DLNA.