If you cancel a sync in progress, it takes MMW5 about ten minutes to realize it

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Yerushalmi

If you cancel a sync in progress, it takes MMW5 about ten minutes to realize it

Post by Yerushalmi »

Hi,

Often when a sync hangs and I get the "it looks like it's not working" popup, and sometimes when I realize I want to change something and cancel a sync in progress, I'll right-click on the sync status in the lower left corner and click Cancel. When I do this, the device is still listed as "Syncing" for a very long time afterwards, and sometimes the only way to get it to stop is to unplug it and plug it back in.

The computers:
Dell Latitude 7420, 64-bit Windows 10, running MMW 5.0.2.2524.
Samsung Galaxy Book Go, ARM64 processor, Windows 10, running MMW 5.0.2.2524.

The phone:
Samsung Galaxy A12, running MMA version 1.4.5.0960
Lowlander

Re: If you cancel a sync in progress, it takes MMW5 about ten minutes to realize it

Post by Lowlander »

Sync does multiple steps, including updating the device database after syncing files. Feel free though to capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze if there is any room for improvement in this process.
Yerushalmi

Re: If you cancel a sync in progress, it takes MMW5 about ten minutes to realize it

Post by Yerushalmi »

I'm talking about when I cancel a sync-in-progress. Is it still trying to update the database after a cancellation?

If so, I understand perfectly - but the status bar should read "cleaning up after canceled sync" or some such, so we don't think there's something wrong.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Are you talking about USB sync with Androids?

In that case it could be "MTP get frozen issue" -- mostly once a file is deleted on the phone and Android OS is refreshing the content somehow, but in that case also Windows Explorer is frozen (AFAIR). What's on the progress bar in MM5 ?

Also updating the driver might help (see item 1.1.1 here https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ync-fails/ )

Once the issue happens again, can you confirm whether the phone/device is also inaccessible via Windows Explorer at that time and Windows Explorer is frozen?