MMW5 insists on copying all 2000+ tracks from PC to phone, even if they're already there

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Yerushalmi

MMW5 insists on copying all 2000+ tracks from PC to phone, even if they're already there

Post by Yerushalmi »

As per title. I'm not sure why it suddenly started doing this; it's always picked out a mystifyingly random collection of anywhere from 1 to few dozen already-existing files to copy upon syncing (not to mention an equally random collection of anywhere from 1 to 5 files to delete - never the same number as the new ones it wants to copy), but since yesterday it's been copying the entire library every single time, making every sync take forty minutes.

The computer:
Samsung Galaxy Book Go, ARM64 processor, Windows 10, running MMW 5.0.2.2524.

The phone:
Samsung Galaxy A12, running MMA version 1.4.5.0960, using USB sync.

I'm creating a debug log of the sync right now.
Ludek

Re: MMW5 insists on copying all 2000+ tracks from PC to phone, even if they're already there

Post by Ludek »

This usually happens if you delete the Sync profile in MM5 > Devices & Services
or e.g. if you start with clean install or clean database -- then the MM5 thinks that the files were not uploaded by MM5 and tries to re-upload them.
Alternativelly there could be a profile mismatch (e.g. if MM5 cannot access storageInfo.xml file on the device to get the profile pairing key) but this should lead to an error. Probably the log would shed some light on it.
Yerushalmi

Re: MMW5 insists on copying all 2000+ tracks from PC to phone, even if they're already there

Post by Yerushalmi »

I can run a sync twice in a row, and do nothing in between, and it still recopies everything.

Should I open a ticket for the log, or attach it in here? (I don't see an attachment button in the forum.)
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Feel free to open another ticket and attach the log + description.

I guess it is somehow related to the fact that you are syncing MMA with multiple MM5 instances (which wasn't designed for, details in viewtopic.php?p=491329#p491329 )
Yerushalmi

Post by Yerushalmi »

If it is related, that's a bit weird, because the source ID for all of the files on the phone should be set and accessed only by my home computer. Sure, the work computer might mess up some playlists (especially if I'm accidentally copying them back into the phone without realizing it), but if I sync to the home computer twice in succession, it shouldn't do that, right? Especially given what's written in https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 941#c39321.

I've uploaded the log to https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/?su ... m3JcFqI4aD, so hopefully it'll help...