Reordering tracks in a playlist [#15177]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tbm72

Reordering tracks in a playlist [#15177]

Post by tbm72 »

Hi,

MM5 is looking great but I'm having a problem manually reordering playlists.

If I've got a long playlist (e.g. at least a few hundred tracks) and I click a track to select it and move it down the playlist, it's really difficult to accurately move it down the list. Once I've selected it and start dragging it, the playlist scrolls down and it's really hard to stop it where I want. It usually ends up scrolling right to the bottom. I can't even seem to make it scroll back up if I go too far down. Then sometimes after releasing the track I can no longer select a track again to move - when I click on it and start dragging, it acts like I'm mass-selecting a bunch of tracks and won't let me select just one single track.
Ludek

Re: Reordering tracks in a playlist

Post by Ludek »

malkierian

Re: Reordering tracks in a playlist [#15177]

Post by malkierian »

It is also impossible to move a track upwards, unless it's at the bottom of a listview starting out. Even holding it all the way at the top, the list still scrolls down. The list shouldn't scroll at all until within 2-3 slots of the top or bottom of the current listing, and yet it starts going downwards immediately after dragging (figured out it scrolls down when the cursor is in the vicinity of the selected track(s) instead).
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, this was fixed as item 2) here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15177
tbm72

Post by tbm72 »

Definitely improved in 5.0.0.2130 but very slow to reorder a track by moving it down to the bottom. I've got a playlist with about 1800 tracks and it took about 3 mins to drag from the top of the playlist to the bottom. Shouldn't it incrementally speed up as you drag towards the bottom? It stays at a constant scrolling speed.
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Will check and make some improvements for a next build ;-).
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643