2194<>2192 - download from GPM freezes when stressed

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2194<>2192 - download from GPM freezes when stressed

Post by Barry4679 »

Track download from GPM still freezes when stressed, and|or the UI is interacted with while the download batch is is progress.

It not hard to trigger .. I PM'd a link to a debug log to Ludek.

[UPDATE] ... after restarting MM5, I tried downloading a few tracks without stressing it too much
(the other dumps happened when the download queue was loaded up with 100+ tracks) ... this time i kept the queue down to about 15 tracks

This time I got a dump instead of a freeze
Last edited by Barry4679 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2192 - download from GPM freezes when stressed

Post by Ludek »

Thx, looking into it

EDIT: re-opened as item 16 here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 133#c54314
Barry4679

2194 <-> 2192 - download from GPM freezes when stressed

Post by Barry4679 »

Marked as fixed 2193.

Tested using 2194.
Add some tracks to the download queue. MM5 unable to download from GPM. Part of the UI froze.
Closed MM5
Reopened MM5. The download queue is still loaded from the previous failed request, and is frozen.
Tried cancel|pause|resume download ... everything is ignored.
Closed MM5. Deleted the persistent.json. Restarted MM5.
Same thing. The download queue is populated from my previous request. The wheel is spinning, but nothing is being downloaded, and resume|pause|cancel is ignored.

PM'd debug log to Ludek

{UPDATE] how do i clear the queue?
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Re: 2194<>2192 - download from GPM freezes when stressed

Post by Ludek »

So far no PM received here.

To clean download queue just select all the download items > right-click > Cancel

BTW: There is a known regression in 2194: Downloading works only from [Devices & Services > GPM > All track], it fails when you select a GPM track in library elsewhere (this is already fixed for 2195)
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:46 am To clean download queue just select all the download items > right-click > Cancel

BTW: There is a known regression in 2194: Downloading works only from [Devices & Services > GPM > All track], it fails when you select a GPM track in library elsewhere (this is already fixed for 2195)
I fixed the PM

As I mentioned in my 1st post, Cancel download action is not working in this case. ... so there appears to be no way to fix this situation once it has occurred.

The download was from D&S>GPM>AllTracks, but maybe I should wait until 2195
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

My inbox is not full and I still don't see your PM here.

The last one is from 08/27/2019, are you sure that you submitted it?
Another option is to open a new eSupport ticket (just put the ticket id here) and we can continue via the ticket.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

OK, just got the PM

EDIT: Thank you for the log, based on the log there is an issue with "Cancel all" action (Downloads > right-click > Cancel all) that you performed, it can result in a freeze for many download items, to be fixed for 2195 (as item 20 here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 133#c54431 )

EDIT2: Workaround in 2194 is to select a download item in the list, press Ctrl+A to select all items in the list, right-click and item > Cancel
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Ludek wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:48 am EDIT2: Workaround in 2194 is to select a download item in the list, press Ctrl+A to select all items in the list, right-click and item > Cancel
That doesn't work here either.
  • go to >Downloads
  • select a track ... right click ... cancel
  • nothing happens ... the wheel remains spinning ... the item is not removed from the list of pending downloads
  • same thing happens if I Select All, and then cancel
I can add to the list of pending downloads ... but they are not being actioned, and the list cannot be cleared

I tried signing out of GPM account (in MM5). ... the list is still locked.
I tried signing back into GPM ... still the same thing.
I tried adding a new tab to the MM5 UI ... and going back to the Download tab and closing it .... but it just closes the new tab that I opened

As a workaround is there a db table that I can clear?

[EDIT] it is using quite a lot of CPU usage

The above measurement was taken after I close MM5, and then reopened it ... did not touch the Ui ... waited for a while to allow to settle ... and then took that screenshot

The UI is sluggish ... eg here I minimised the window, and then restored it ... the screen has not repainted properly, and the cursor is a weird round shape .. I can reproduce the paint problem, but not the strange cursor

I zipped up my MM5 db and persistent.json and PM'd to Ludek

I tried the Database Management functions (Optimise Database, and then new Rebuild Database options) ... did not resolve the problem.

The db for Ludek was before these DB Management functions.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks Barry, I can replicate with your MM5.DB, looking into it.