MM4 Google search arrows in artist/title columns missing

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

paulonl

MM4 Google search arrows in artist/title columns missing

Post by paulonl » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:56 am

Hi,

If I remember correctly, MM4 would show small up-arrows when hovering over a track artist or title column in a list view. Upon clicking on the arrow MM4 would open an external browser (Chrome in my case) and search for the artist/title. I used this function a lot in MM4 to quickly search for song info like year, etc.

Is there any similar functionality available in MM5?

Thanks,
Paulo

Barry4679

Re: MM4 Google search arrows in artist/title columns missing

Post by Barry4679 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:36 pm

paulonl wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:56 am
Is there any similar functionality available in MM5?
Maybe you installed a MM add-on? ... I didn't see that behaviour in MM4.

MM5 implements some good integration with the web, including a list of "related artists". Available when you select an artist. There is a toggle between "My Library", and "Online" ... Both show the list of "related artists". The "My Library" view shows your albums which contain tracks by the artist, and the "Online" view shows the important albums by the artist regardless of whether those albums are in your collection.

Like MM4, you can also access this artist facility starting from a single track.

paulonl

Re: MM4 Google search arrows in artist/title columns missing

Post by paulonl » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:12 am

Thanks for your reply and suggestions Barry, the functionality I'm talking about is being discussed here - http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=61717

Is this functionality indeed not implemented in MM5?

If not, is there any similar, one-click functionality available achieving the same result, i.e. a Google search for <artist> <title>? Assigning a hot-key could do it, but external commands can currently not be assigned to hot keys...