MM5 debug send logs crashes [#15896]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

leblancj

MM5 debug send logs crashes [#15896]

Post by leblancj » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:18 am

I tried to send logs capturing the state of MM5 when it lost contact with my chromecast. However, it crashed. See screenshot: Image
I installed the current build on 16 Nov. I can't even tell what build I"m running because I can't get MM5 to quit. Even the task manager doesn't identify a MM process that I can delete.
John LeBlanc

Peke

Re: MM5 debug send logs crashes

Post by Peke » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi,
You can always Use Details in Task Manager and seek MM5 processes to kill.

Also PC restart kills it.
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:05 am

leblancj wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:18 am
I tried to send logs capturing the state of MM5 when it lost contact with my chromecast. However, it crashed. See screenshot: Image
I installed the current build on 16 Nov. I can't even tell what build I"m running because I can't get MM5 to quit. Even the task manager doesn't identify a MM process that I can delete.
Hi John,

you can check the MM version number by examining the properties of the MediaMonkey.exe file (Properties option on the right click menu from Windows Explorer)

The images in your posts are not displaying ... the signature line in Peke's post, in this thread, shows how to workaround the fact that they have locked down this facility.

If MM crashes when it is trying to send a log file to the MM Devs, you can find the unsent log as 'MediaMonkey.el'. You find it as described here:
Ludek wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:40 am
Should be located in the same folder as MediaMonkey.exe or in either of these locations:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\EurekaLab s.a.s\EurekaLog\Bug Reports\
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\EurekaLog\MediaMonkey
The file contains some identifying info about your PC, so it is best if you load that file up to something like DropBox, and then use the Forum PM facility, to send a link to that file to Ludek.

leblancj

Post by leblancj » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:47 am

I'm now using MM5 v. 2219. This issue is still happening. MM5 has trouble playing to Chromecast (which works most of the time) then offers to send a debug file. I click "Yes" but then parts of the interface stay frozen on top of other applications and nothing happens. Eventually, I have to kill MM5 & MediaMonkey64Helper.exe via the Task Manager. See screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a7vg986t3jclb ... t.png?dl=0

Here's the mediamonkey.el file that you suggested sending:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cg6lir610qxlc ... ey.el?dl=0
Unfortunately it hasn't been generated since 2019-11. However, it should still give you info about my system.
John LeBlanc

Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:12 pm

leblancj wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:47 am
... offers to send a debug file. I click "Yes" but then parts of the interface stay frozen on top of other applications and nothing happens. Eventually, I have to kill MM5 & MediaMonkey64Helper.exe via the Task Manager.
Yes, their Error Reporting system appears to be down again.

It is very frustrating isn't it? ... it is probably held together with chewing gum and string, and they don't care (enough) about it. ... opinion fuelled by the fact that they do not respond to queries|complaints about it.

Peke

Post by Peke » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:01 am

Hi,
We are watching and collecting.

Any steps to replicate I am not being able to replicate using Nexus Player and I and casting Video files also?

Happy New year All!
Best regards,
Pavle
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to add SCREENSHOTS to forum

Ludek

Post by Ludek » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:51 pm

Barry4679 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:12 pm
Yes, their Error Reporting system appears to be down again.

It is very frustrating isn't it? ... it is probably held together with chewing gum and string, and they don't care (enough) about it. ... opinion fuelled by the fact that they do not respond to queries|complaints about it.
We are looking into it, it is being tracked/solved as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15896 with the highest priority.
Note though that it might not be fixable for us as the reporting system is third party app (EurekaLog with combination of RAD studio, CEF and Chromium)

So far we have only some workarounds that worked and are described here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 896#c55051