MM5 2218 - Help with remote syncing please.

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Weatherman

MM5 2218 - Help with remote syncing please.

Post by Weatherman »

Hello. I use a Samsung Galaxy S7. I have MM5 on the PC and I have downloaded the MM app and the MM Pro app from Google Play store.
I have configured MM5 and it recognises my galaxy when I attach with a USB cable. However, when I try to use the android app, and press Sync, it simply keeps "searching".
Is there a setting I am missing? I have tried closing everything down and re opening. I have tried opening MM5 first then the phone app, then I tried opening the app first and then MM5...
How to I use the app to sync my playlists?
dypsis

Re: MM5 2218 - Help with remote syncing please.

Post by dypsis »

I'd like to have a database sync feature across all devices also.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

If you go to UPnP in MMA (MediaMonkey for Android) do you see the MM5 server? It is called "MediaMonkey Library" by default.
Is it browseable?

Also this KB article might help:
https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/ind ... ork-at-all

EDIT: Also ensure that you have enabled media sharing (DLNA/UPnP), i.e. MM5 > Options > Media Sharing and ensure that the server is enabled (the checkbox in the enabled column)
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Hi Ludek,
If I use MM4 I can use MM for android and it sees my desktop and Mediamonkey server.
With MM5 it doesn't find it, it just keeps searching but it doesn't find the server.
On MM5 desktop, under Tools/Options/Media Sharing, the server name is Mediamonkey Library, the next column gives my IP address and the status is "Running".
If I go into the options (Add - Remove - Options) within this, the Upnp tab has "share automatically with all new devices" tickedI
The Server tab has "Mediamonkey Library" as the server, The IP is "automatic" and I have a port number which says 20100.

I can sync via USB easily with MM5,.
I tried uninstalling MM4 in case that would solve anything but no. So I reinstalled MM4 and again, wifi sync works fine with MM4, but not MM5.
I'm happy to accept MM5 is beta and this kind of thing will get resolved along the way. I will also read up on the info on the link you provided.
Thanks.
Jim
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Ho Jim, if MMA-MM4 sync works fine then MMA-MM5 should work too.

Bit maybe you did not import MM4 database and settings from MM4 to MM5 and thus MM5 created new dtatabse with a new server instance, but in MMA there is still the MM4 server instance selwcted as sync server?

Go to MMA - settings - WiFi sync - Choose sync server nad choose the MM5 server instance
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Thanks ludek.
The problem is I cannot choose anything because on MMA it just keeps searching and searching. It doesn't offer me anything to choose or select.
On MMA it does offer me to add my own hyperlink where I would have to type something like
"http(s)//send file location to device.xml" or something like that.
But I don't know how to do that our even if it is the solution.
😊😊
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

OK, I suppose that MM4 and MM5 are on the same PC, right?
I guess that MM5 must be blocked by a firewall rule then. Try to temporarily disable firewall (or find the blocking rule) or change the port number of MM5 server to the port number of the MM4 server.
Weatherman

Post by Weatherman »

Hi Ludec
Yes, both MM4 and MM5 are on same PC.
I uninstalled MM Android from my phone. Then I disabled the Firewall on my Windows 10 PC. I reinstalled MM for android and set it up. It found the Desktop!! It syncs nicely now.
My only question - why was it able to sync with MM4 even with Firewall enabled? Do I now have to leave Firewall off for ever in order to sync with MM5?
Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Enable the firewall again, if it fails to see MM5 server then you will need to either re-install MM5 (to another folder) and it will ask you again to allow MM5 private incoming connections. Or another choice is to find and edit the firewall rule that blocks the MM5 instance's incoming connections. My suspicious is that firewall asked you to allow incoming connections in the past, but you probably did not accept it by accident?