2220 - confused re Track Properties Save button in Online tabs

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2220 - confused re Track Properties Save button in Online tabs

Post by Barry4679 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:08 am

I am looking at the detail panel for an album, ie. the one with the MyLibrary|Online toggle.

If I toggle to the Online view, and then open the File Properties dbox for a track, I can make tag changes, and Save those changes.

What is that for? ... where do they get saved, and for what purpose?

It appears that I am looking a some YouTube content that you have found for the specified album|track.
The track|album may, or may not, be in my MM db ... ie. I may, or may not, also have that item in my collection.

So where does the Save button persist my changes ... it is not in the MM db, nor my track.
Presumably you don't update YouTube.

I think that you should either disable the Properties menu item for all of the Online panels ... or make them read-only, by disabling their Save buttons.

Or is there some function there, that I don't understand?

MiPi

Re: 2220 - confused re Track Properties Save button in Online tabs

Post by MiPi » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:42 pm

Thanks, it was bug, it should allow only filling path (e.g. by searching using YT button). Will be fixed in the release 2222.

Barry4679

Re: 2220 - confused re Track Properties Save button in Online tabs

Post by Barry4679 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:16 am

MiPi wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:42 pm
Thanks, it was bug, it should allow only filling path (e.g. by searching using YT button). Will be fixed in the release 2222.
If that is all it is for, do you think it would be be better to have a simple dbox just for that purpose, rather than showing the whole Track File Properties suite of panels?

I say this because it is relatively easy to get confused. Steps:
  • Go to the detail page for an album that you have in your collection
  • toggle to the Online panel for this album ... it is almost identical, ie the top half is the same ... same image, same wikipedia text, same genre list
  • toggle back and forth, checking track lists ... get confused where you are
  • go to Track Properties dbox ... if you are in the Online toggle, Surprise! ...most of the track tags are gone ...??! ... MM looks broken
Further to this I think that it is a reasonable assumption, if someone sees that you are showing the full File Properties dbox for this online version, for some purpose ... ie. a purpose other than that fact that it was just easier for the programmer if he reused the File Properties dbox, just to display a single field.

They are likely to see all the empty tags and think that something has gone wrong.