[SOLVED] Track path corrupt after move to new PC

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

paulonl

[SOLVED] Track path corrupt after move to new PC

Post by paulonl »

Hi,

I have MM5 2223 installed under Win10 with tracks on a NAS en local partition. I want to move this to a new laptop. Steps are:

Copy all tracks on local partition to new laptop (same path E:\Music)
Install MM5 (2223) Portable
Start MM5
Cancel wizard
add/rescan to add a few files and play
close MM5
Copy original MM5.DB from original system over MM5 in \Mediamonkey\Portable
Start MM5

Everythings seems to be ok, except screen layout that I can easily fix. Also my Gold Membership is not there. I can play files from my NAS but not from my local partition. The drive letter in the path of the tracks is corrupt. If I change that through properties the file will play.

I did a DB rebuild but no luck. Is there a way to fix this or should I use another procedure to move?

Thanks, Paulo
Lowlander

Re: Track path corrupt after move to new PC (2223)

Post by Lowlander »

Right click on the drive in the Location sub-node (ie. Music > Location > drive) and select Media Properties from the Context Menu. Here you can select the Location to set it to the drive in your new PC.
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

The location subnode doesn't open so I can't see the drive
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

I managed to add a few local tracks through the Folders subnode. Then the Drive appeared in the location subnode.

I switched the Drive letter to C:, gives me the warning to restart, ok, change drive letter back to E:\ (the right location), restart warning again, ok.

I can now only see the newly added tracks in the collection, still not other ones.

I restart MM5 but the paths are still corrupt.

Isn't there a way to fix the path tags as they are just strings, like a shift-replace or so? :o
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Use the 3 vertical dots next to Playing in the Media Tree and enable Show All Subnodes. That should allow you to see the drives in the Location sub-node.
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

Still no files unfortunately...

But I could already see the drive and I have toggled the drive letter as I described above.
paulonl

Post by paulonl »

Problem solved after I found that the Location subnode on the Entire Library node showed the flawed volume. After setting it through Media Properties all tracks are visible now!