Question: state of scrobbling? [#16720]

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey 5 and learn about the newest builds.

Moderator: Gurus

mcow

Question: state of scrobbling? [#16720]

Post by mcow »

I see there are options under "last.fm service" but no place to enter my account info. Is this not yet supported in MM5?
Barry4679

Re: Question: state of scrobbling?

Post by Barry4679 »

mcow wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:49 pm I see there are options under "last.fm service" but no place to enter my account info. Is this not yet supported in MM5?
Hi Mike,

if you set the Scrobbler Submission State toggle to "On", it opens a LFM sign in screen, where you enter your credentials for validation.

I haven't tested scrobbling, so I don't know if all is OK from that point forwards.
Duke999R

Post by Duke999R »

Barry4679 is correct as to login, and I can add that scrobbling works fine for me.
mcow

Post by mcow »

Hey Barry!

Hmm. "On" was the default state, but no fields. I tried changing to Off, exiting and re-entering Options, and turning it On again, still no fields. Maybe a bug, or some kind of UI change?

This is build 2256, on Windows 10.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I am on 2256 as well, and that is most current release.

Maybe an issue with LFM credential import from MM4. I allowed MM5 to import config and database from MM4, but I have no LFM credentials stored there ... I have forgotten how MM4 LFM scrobbling works. I had a quick look, and didn't notice it anywhere ... maybe is in an add-on that i no longer have installed.

You said that ON was the default state in MM5 for you, so it must think that you have credentials stored. Other than that possible difference I seem to be doing same as you.

You see this button? ... It shows when i am logged into LFM .... If I click it to log out, and I then toggle scrobbling on again, it opens a LFM sign in browser window .... maybe your browser settings are stopping this pop up window from opening?

There doesn't seem to be anywhere in MM5 where you can view your LFM credentials. ... One you have supplied credentials, you are in a persistent logged in state. ... And if you log out, you need to re-supply credentials ti get back in.

It would be probably helpful if MM4 at least showed the Account Name when logged in ... ie. for situations where there are multiple LFM accounts in use at a household. ... The UI should be similar how MM5 handles credentials for GPM ... ie. account name is visible.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

I cannot reproduce this. Clicking "On" opens browser window with last.fm login page. In case you are logged in, you should first click "Logout" button, as Barry described. Another option is to reset all settings by deleting your persistent.json file before running MM5, it will reset most of settings, including lastFM, to default state.

You are right, there is missing info about logged person, tracked here: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=16720