MediaMonkey 5 icon

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

rusty

Re: MediaMonkey 5 icon

Post by rusty »

They all look great. My order of preference is B, D, C, A -- in that order because the first ones seem to consistently stand out against the various backgrounds.

As to whether B differs sufficiently from MM4, a bit more orange might help, though it might already be sufficiently different because it's a bit sharper.

Nice work!

-Rusty
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Thanks again! Here, I experimented with a few different types of orange - A simple hue shift for B, but I gave C and D a bit more of a creamy color. Lemme know what you think!
I can also try some more different types of orange, for example making it more saturated if you want, this is by no means a definitive list on all possible gradients that can be made of orange :P
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Thanks. B. looks great to me!

-Rusty
Matman67

Post by Matman67 »

Version C performs best for me.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Woo- Looks great on today's build! :grinning:
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

The work of drakinite is amazing, but the icon chosen doesn't do it for me. And the difference is too subtle.
But I'll continue using MM no matter what icon it has. 😜
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

I like it, but has it been implemented correctly? This is what I see via the Windows key.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Thanks Dypsis and Barry! Hmm, I'm sorry to hear you don't like the chosen one, mind sharing what you prefer?

And no, something might be up with the install, it should look like this in the start menu search:
My best guess is that Windows hasn't realized that the icon changed. If you go to the shortcut file (R-click>Open file location), delete the shortcut and recreate it (C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey 5\MediaMonkey.exe), the start menu should hopefully update the icon.
If that doesn't work... Double check C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey 5\Assets, and see if the new logo is in there instead of the old logo
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

drakinite wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:08 am If that doesn't work... Double check C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey 5\Assets, and see if the new logo is in there instead of the old logo
I don't have that directory.

I install MM5 as portable atm. The Windows Key short cut is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MediaMonkey 5
It points to my portable install location, and seems to have your icon, but file last modified modified was April 2019 (?) ... My Windows Key menu icon for MM5 is still as described last time. ... The PC has been rebooted

I didn't try deleting it. Maybe this behaviour is as expected for a portable install (?) ... If no, I have left it as is, so I can see if it gets fixed with next version of MM5.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Did you check the Assets subfolder in your install? BigLogo.png and StoreLogo.png are inside; they should have been replaced with the new logo
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

drakinite wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:48 am Did you check the Assets subfolder in your install? BigLogo.png and StoreLogo.png are inside; they should have been replaced with the new logo
I did check the folder that you mentioned in your last post ... I did not have that folder.
I have just checked the images in the Assets folder in my portable install folder. They are correct, but that is no surprise because while beta testing I always install into an empty folder.

I think that it is a Windows issue as you suggested earlier. But I question whether is triggered by a MM install weakness. .. ie. as I mentioned earlier the shortcut that is invoked from the Windows keys shows your icon, but has an last update in 2009. ... Maybe Windows does not know to refresh the icon if MM do an update with causing the an update to the files last update date? ... just guessing, I have no skills in this area.

I know that I could probably make it come right by manually doing something to refresh the icon store (or whatever it is called) ... but I want to leave it as is, so I can check whether MM fix their issue.

Am enjoying your icon anyway. I now have a way to securely identify MM5, and differentiate it from MM4, in the Windows Task Manager, when I am force closing MM5 because it has crashed|froze (again). :( ... oh, yeah .. and it looks better :D
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Thanks!!
And oh no, haha - Yeah... MM5 seems to crash every so often for me too. :sweat_smile: Here's hoping that they can tackle those issues before release. :P