Right Click Pop-Ups Missing Right Hand and Lower Margin

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

IanRTaylorUK

Right Click Pop-Ups Missing Right Hand and Lower Margin

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

I have noticed that with 2261, pop-up Windows are missing the right hand and lower margins. The right-most text is truncated - typically the short-cut key. Also the lower text is 50% displayed and 50% missing.

An example of this is when in Artists view with a graphical grid for the middle part of the screen. If you right click an image, then the pop-up starts with Play Now / Play next... and ends with Edit Tags / Lookup Image.

My Windows Display settings has the scale and layout at 125% in the box for "Change the Size of text, apps and other items.

I will experiment to see if changing this has any impact. I have tried to embed an example image below:

Ian Taylor
drakinite

Re: Right Click Pop-Ups Missing Right Hand and Lower Margin

Post by drakinite »

Yep, that's an issue I have too. I considered mentioning it on this thread- but didn't yet. I suppose it is a separate issue than the one I listed about context menus - but it's related to all the other display-scaling related bugs that exist.

It only occurs when displays are scaled greater than 100%. If you set the scaling to 100% it works fine; if you set it to 125% then maximize the window, the context menus begin cutting off.
The amount of cutoff is proportional to the window scaling. Here's what it looks like on a display that's scaled by 150%: (also note the fact that the context menu appears in a place that's really far away from the mouse lol... this display is located to the right of my primary display)
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Asect

Post by Asect »

Same here. Windows 10 set to 125% scaling. Also, the MM5 (2261) window will not remember size and position and reopens in an expanded state. Link to photos demonstrating behavior included below:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/127856107@N05/QmaD4V
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

This part should be improved in next build.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
IanRTaylorUK

2262 - Menu Drop Downs Truncated at Right & Bottom

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

It seems that most of the sub-menus displayed from the menu bar are truncated on the bottom and right hand side. This has the consequence of hiding useful information. Both monitors are 1920 x 1080 and at 100% scaling.

In the case of the File menu, the last sub-menu option is Create reports but the border / margin and "descenders" of characters are not shown.

In the case of the Edit menu, the last fully visible menu option is Global Search but the very top of another menu option is shown. To the right there is no border / margin and the last character fully visible if the C of the key board short cuts.

In the vase of the view menu, there is at least one other menu option after Main Panel View that is not showing.

The Play / Tools / Help menu bar options are similar. Also the "down arrow" on the right hand side shows two choices - ...MicroPlayer and ...MiniPlayer - both cut off around the "play" characters.

Similarly, some of the "Tooltip" texts - particularly around the edges - whether part full screen or maximised are spilling outside the viewable area of the program.

This is making it a little more challenging to use MM5. I also wonder what will happen if a later add-on extends the menus?
Ian Taylor
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce, full sub-menu's are shown.
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

I don't know about when monitors are at 100% scaling, but I still get context menus cut-off on displays that are scaled at 125% or higher. When MM5 initially opens the context menus show up fine, but I have to drag the window around a bit, maximizing and moving it around, before I get the problem again.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Asect

Post by Asect »

MM5 (2262) fixed my issue utilizing Windows 10 at 125% scaling.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: [SOLVED] Right Click Pop-Ups Missing Right Hand and Lower Margin

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

It was useful to know that the issue has been fixed for some.

I think there is a little more too this!

When I open the application initially in the main screen - everything is OK. However, as soon as I move the application to the second screen the sub-menus are truncated. Moving the application back to the main screen, the sub-menus are truncated.

I am aware that there may be a pending Windows 10 issue with the display so I will check after updating Windows and checking drivers are all up-to-date etc.
Ian Taylor
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

This is NOT solved for me with b2262. I am using 4k monitor at 150% scaling. Screen is exactly as shown initially by Ian.
Asect

Post by Asect »

Spoke to soon! After initially installing MM5 2262 and selecting some menus everything worked fine. Upon closing and reopening 2262 the MM5 window did not remember size and position and menu's were once again truncated as previously stated in thread. This happened ONLY after a left click on album art to highlight all songs and then right click on highlighted songs to open properties. Initially the prescribed left click, right click action opened the menus without truncation. However, upon selecting the properties window it opened truncated, and any subsequent menus selected were truncated. Still using Windows 10 with 125% scaling. Pictures attached to demonstrate behavior.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPMte6M
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Just to confirm that I have made sure that my PC has totally up-to-date in terms of Windows 10 and drivers for the graphics card etc. Unfortunately, the problem remains the same in MM5 (but not in MM4).

It seems that in the case of dual screens, moving the application between the screens causes some sort of issue that causes sub-menus to be truncated to the bottom and right hand side.

From reading this thread, it also seems that the problem is evident for various scaling options.
Ian Taylor
PetrCBR

Post by PetrCBR »

Confirming it's somehow caused by moving MM between monitors with different scales. Will check and fix that.
How to make a debuglog - step 4b: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
TIV73

Post by TIV73 »

I'd like to add that I'm experiencing the same issue in 2262 as well, but without having to move the application between screens. The issue just randomly occurs right after starting mediamonkey, about once out of 15 times I start it. Restarting mediamonkey or reloading the skin fixes the issue for a while.

The primary screen that I have the application running on a resolution of 2560*1440 with a scaling factor of 125%, while the second screen uses 1920*1080 with 100%.
Blackcat12

Post by Blackcat12 »

Hi Team,
I cannot find the reference to the tracker number to verify if these are intended to be included in this release, but the truncated menus and the windowed positioning issue still persists in b2264.

1. I am running a 3840x2160 monitor at 150% scaling. Every time I open MM5, the windows position if partially off screen and to the lower right side. I resize and reposition, close, and it reverts back to the lower right and larger size.

2. If I right click on a file, the menu shows up fine the first time. Then I click on properties and the expanded menu is truncated on the right side. If I close out and right click on the file again, then the initial menu is also truncated on the right.
Example: http://www.mediafire.com/view/za8pdy4iw ... u.jpg/file#