Dups

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dang102

Dups

Post by dang102 »

Need a better dedup at far some reason I always end up with dups! with finger printing deduping should be easyer .... Need some auto system to do this as I will loss my mind on a large libray! Seem like crash are greatly reduced!
drakinite

Re: Dups

Post by drakinite »

go to Music > Files to Edit > Duplicate Content / Duplicate Titles / Duplicate Titles/Artists.
Also please check your spelling and grammar, it's really hard to decipher what you're trying to say
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

dang102

Dups

Post by dang102 »

Ok I have had dups forever is there a dedup in mm5 if so how do u use it ? Maybe use the finger print to see if they are the same files even if it slow to not remove ones that arn't dups. I wounder if this could be adde to organize or just a dedup in its self ? Some where mm? is generating some of the dupes not shure where? Maybe a backround task to organize and dedup? Most dedups do a bad job of it as they don't dig deep enough to know its a real dup! and just coming up with a list of 9999mil dup for manual sucks! AS I ALWAY SAY THIS PROGRAM IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD AS I HAVE HAD SO MANY I CANT COUNT THEM THIS IS STILL THE CASE !!! just some tweak hear and there are nice need like an ai deduporganize finger printing make it closer! Not sure if this would work how about a crc or whatever they use now to proff a file is original maybe faster and finger print the hard ones??? Oh ya fingerprint is failing many time now! The first and easyestis to look for (1) (2) as most time they will be dups then maybe crc then finger print?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

'Music > Files to edit > Duplicate Content' will show you files with redundant content,
just make sure that all your files are analyzed for redundancy, this dialog is shown by default: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm6k1leqibcby ... 4.png?dl=0 and after confirming the dialog the files will be analyzed (to get their signatures / fingerprints)
Once they are analyzed then the dups will be shown under Files to edit > Duplicate Content and you can de-dup them.

We can hardly dedup them automatically as we cannot know which of the copies is preferable to keep. e.g. one copy can have a 5 star rating assigned and another can be part of a playlist, how you can choose automatically which of them is more valuable for the user?
dang102

Post by dang102 »

Well how would i do any dedup on mm5 not sure how to even start? I have this program that seem like it will be great its call simularity seems to have many things that would be nice in mm5. It seem that were getting close to the end of beta so im pounding mm5 to see if I can fined more bugs. Is the a new doc some where for mm5? My brothers very sick so i havn't on top of all this here. I'm trying as this is the only software for music no one comes close!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

MediaMonkey can help you find duplicates, but the decision is left to the user as to which duplicate should be removed. If a program does this for you it will invariably remove files that you didn't want removed. The link above describes how MediaMonkey can help locate duplicates: https://www.mediamonkey.com/support/kno ... ow-to-fix/
dang102

Duplicate search and delete

Post by dang102 »

I asked this before but now u have the fingerprinting why can't you fingerprint the song and then you would know if it was different! Then auto/pick to delete then???? I really need this as I have so many dups I'm losing my mind!
rusty

Post by rusty »

We're planning to add improved duplicate management (pre-selection of duplicates), but not to completely automate it due to the risk of deleting 'similar' tracks. Hopefully for 5.1.

-Rusty