Source for "Cycle Artist Images"?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MayorQwert

Source for "Cycle Artist Images"?

Post by MayorQwert »

When I select this option, it just shows random images that have nothing to do with the music playing. Like for example when I was playing a song from the Sonic CD soundtrack by "Spencer Nilsen & David Young" it shows the following images:

A screenshot from Dead Space
A random guy holding a PS3 controller
A picture of cover art from a Resident Evil game
Character art from Killer Instinct (2013)
Star Wars Fallen Order art
The cover from a random indie game
Art of a series of PS3s colored Red, White, and Blue
All in addition to other unrelated pictures...

Other albums have similar results, just random pictures. Sometimes it'll maybe have a picture of the actual artist for some but with other random people who I presume have the same name.

Anyway, I thought this would source from the user-set artist image catalog, not some random selection from the internet? Is there a way to have it just source your saved pictures, and if any aren't found, just display a single solid color?
Polop

Re: Source for "Cycle Artist Images"?

Post by Polop »

Hello,
I completely agree on this subject.
Images rarely match the music playing.
Where does MM5 look for images ? and on what criteria?
Too bad the idea is good.
Thanks for an answer.
Pierre
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
When you find such tracks please either fill all the metadata here or even better supply us with DL link so that we can check where things fail. Also it would be good if correct image is supplied so that we can see what to tweak in order to have better results.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

It uses fanart.tv, theaudiodb.com and Google image search with filter for larger images. In case first two fail to find something, Google can sometimes return not very relevant images.
Polop

Post by Polop »

Thank you for these responses.
I will send examples soon.
I am French and the database used by MM must not know the French song!
Pierre
Polop

Post by Polop »

Polop

Post by Polop »

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You haven't provided public access to the shared files.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) are you seeing this with?
Polop

Post by Polop »

The last I suppose.

railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

MayorQwert wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:26 am When I select this option, it just shows random images that have nothing to do with the music playing. Like for example when I was playing a song from the Sonic CD soundtrack by "Spencer Nilsen & David Young" it shows the following images:

A screenshot from Dead Space
A random guy holding a PS3 controller
A picture of cover art from a Resident Evil game
Character art from Killer Instinct (2013)
Star Wars Fallen Order art
The cover from a random indie game
Art of a series of PS3s colored Red, White, and Blue
All in addition to other unrelated pictures...

Other albums have similar results, just random pictures. Sometimes it'll maybe have a picture of the actual artist for some but with other random people who I presume have the same name.

Anyway, I thought this would source from the user-set artist image catalog, not some random selection from the internet? Is there a way to have it just source your saved pictures, and if any aren't found, just display a single solid color?
I was just looking to post about this. found this thread. I am annoyed it shows other artists then what's playing. my tags are all done perfectly. I'm really tedious about my tags. another thing I don't like is the pictures or album covers are behind the lyrics panel. I don't like the overlap.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

railfan-eric wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:45 pm another thing I don't like is the pictures or album covers are behind the lyrics panel. I don't like the overlap.
Try changing the Layout of the Selected Panel ... get to this by pressing the three dot menu in that panel
  • change the display to "Advanced", and set the font size to something smaller ..or just listen to songs with less words in them :D
See here ... on the left the font size is smaller, and is larger on the right.

The better fix is to use the Lyrics panel ... but it appears to be broken at the moment.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

railfan-eric wrote: ↑Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:45 am
another thing I don't like is the pictures or album covers are behind the lyrics panel. I don't like the overlap.
or use
Options > Layout > Preview > (o) Side by side
railfan-eric

Post by railfan-eric »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:46 am
railfan-eric wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:45 pm another thing I don't like is the pictures or album covers are behind the lyrics panel. I don't like the overlap.
Try changing the Layout of the Selected Panel ... get to this by pressing the three dot menu in that panel
  • change the display to "Advanced", and set the font size to something smaller ..or just listen to songs with less words in them :D
See here ... on the left the font size is smaller, and is larger on the right.

The better fix is to use the Lyrics panel ... but it appears to be broken at the moment.
we're looking at two different things here. I might have left out thinking we was already talking about the Now Playing window. I am talking about the Now Playing Window. you can either have an enlarged album cover go up or down and have the left pain overlap it or have it not move up and down and not Fit in the window. or have artists pics but they also don't fit in the window and go behind the left pane. I wish layout and settings was more like on MusicBee. I miss the customizations that made MusicBee perfect but that dev pushed me to use Media Monkey since he wasn't interested in making a fix to support Android 12 changes.