[REQ] Album rating in MM5? [#17359]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Chondog

[REQ] Album rating in MM5? [#17359]

Post by Chondog »

I loved having the calculated average star rating by album in "browse by album" view in mm4. Is that not included in MM5?

I would love to see it, but I would also love to see using those album ratings to create playlists. I know that would be rather difficult since it wasn't actually tied to individual files.
Ludek

Re: Overall Album rating in MM5?

Post by Ludek »

verlague

[REQ] add the filter album rating

Post by verlague »

hello,
I am doing this topic to ask if it is possible to add the possibility of displaying the albums by "album rating" and the possibility of adding the "album rating" filter in the next version of mediamonkey5 .
thanks
wilsonecruz

Re: [REQ] Album rating in MM5? [#17359]

Post by wilsonecruz »

This is only to say I support this request. It is really important to have the average album rating in MM5 as we had and used so much in MM4. Thanks!
teetersm

Post by teetersm »

I also would like to see the album rating return. Love the new version so far though. I just purchased it and am setting things up. Good job!
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can already test this in the latest beta: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86639&sd=d
ridurand

Post by ridurand »

Hello. Many thanks for that great new version of Mediamonkey. About album ratings, on the album view, I see that you can override the automatic ratings for an album which is great. But why does MM overrides the ratings of the songs ? If I rate an album 3 stars, then MM sets every song of the album to 3 stars, which I obviously don't want. Could you fix that please ? Thanks
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

There is no Album Rating (ie. there is no tag for this). When it's displayed in MediaMonkey it's the calculated average of the Track Rating for all files on the Album.