Burning CD Function is Missing [#17807]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

crawdad63

Re: Burning CD Function is Missing [#17807]

Post by crawdad63 »

Baloney! Ultimately the fault would be MediaMonkey's. You hured the company . PERHAPS YOU SHOULD NOTIFY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
bgfaulkner1630

Post by bgfaulkner1630 »

I, for one, still use the burning of playlists to .mp3 CDs and would greatly miss it were it gone.

Like some of the changes with version 5 but please add playlist burning to .mp3 CDs back.

I will use the work around for the time being.

Thanks.
Madonit

Post by Madonit »

Will stay with MM4 till this is fixed, cant believe you dropped such a basic and fundamental part of MediaMonkey of burning a cd.
MM user since 2007
Peke

Post by Peke »

Madonit wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:36 pm Will stay with MM4 till this is fixed, cant believe you dropped such a basic and fundamental part of MediaMonkey of burning a cd.
MM user since 2007
As I explained several times you can install MM4 along MM5 and simply drag and drop tracks you want to burn and burn.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Sammi95

Post by Sammi95 »

I understand that with my lifetime key I can use both MM4 and MM5. If that was not the case I would have been upset as the CD/DVD burning feature is the one I use most. I was shocked that MM5 doesn't have the disc burning capabilities. As a very long term fan of MM I would like to see the burning features included in MM5 and future updates. I don't buy the reasoning behind leaving the burn feature out. Sorry guys - you messed up a great product. I'll end up using MM4. Cheers.
get7772

Post by get7772 »

Yes I still burn cds and would like to see this feature in MM5. This is why I came to the forum to see why I could not find it. I am a lifetime member.
billbrannon23

Post by billbrannon23 »

The whole purpose of a media library such as Media Monkey is to be able to manage and manipulate the media you have. That includes being able to burn cds. That should never be a function that is removed from the software even if cds are being used less frequently that in previous years. I have many reasons for NEEDING to burn cds and now that is not available in the new release and the only work around is to bounce between to different releases. That makes it rather pointless to even install the new version. Getting burn back into MM should be a top priority
jdvark

Post by jdvark »

Sad and sorry to find that MM5 won't burn CD's or DVD playlist music. Please fix this with the next update. When I ripped music with 5 I expected to be able to burn back to travel cd's and now can't. I am sadly disappointed and hope this is corrected or I will have to continue to use MM4 and tell all of my friends to do the same thing. By the way, I am a Gold User for life. I hope that I have not made a mistake with this product as I have been a user since MM3.
Dieter Brausteiner

Burning CD Function is Missing

Post by Dieter Brausteiner »

It is very annoying and I can not understand which person had this idea to destroy this program by removing the Audio-CD burnig function. :x :oops:
I hope it was only a mistake and you repair it soon !
drtmstr

Post by drtmstr »

I just purchased mm5 pretty much exclusively to burn cd's. I have always liked this program.
However without the cd burning I will most likely not use this much nor will I ever purchase it again.
I have a library of about 950 gb so I like to burn Cds to listen to in the car.
T-buch

Post by T-buch »

I have never used it - but I think MediaMonkey should keep the functions among the other things, which sadly and unfortunately has been discarded.
I have seen a reason giving is that this should be partly due to the fact that not many people are burning CDs anymore.
I just notice that in that sense, the whole MediaMonkey is a niche product, as people , as you know, are mostly and richly satisfied with "music in the cloud"
But we are some "weirdos" who want it differently. Who likes, yes love MediaMonkey a lot for being the music-player-Swiss knife, as it is. It's in MM's DNA. Don't touch it (never if i ain't broken). Do not limit the functions of this Swiss knife but always feel free to expand ;)
BR
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use MediaMonkey 4 in the meanwhile, and there is a MediaMonkey 5 Addon to help with this: viewtopic.php?p=493741#p493741
William Kizer

You Can't Burn A CD In Media Monkey? Come on!

Post by William Kizer »

Well, this is a bit of a(nother) disappointment in Media Monkey.

I thought CD burning was a given. I mean, why would you not offer it?

If I was offered a refund for MM I might just take it. This was a misrepresentation.

In addition, the Musicbrainz lookup works... about 1/2 the time
Lowlander

Re: You Can't Burn A CD In Media Monkey? Come on!

Post by Lowlander »

CD Burning is not advertised as a feature in MediaMonkey 5: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... 's_Missing?

However you can use MediaMonkey 4 along side of MediaMonkey 5 (with the MediaMonkey 5 License) to burn CD's. There is an Addon to make this easier: viewtopic.php?p=493741#p493741
crawdad63

Post by crawdad63 »

Considering this product is going to be used to extract files from physical media. It would make sense to have a burner to make a physical copy of those files when needed. Granted I didn't burn regularly but I still have a need for it.
Plus why would you give the customer a chance to download another media player that has the burn function? They might switch to that player especially if they haven't bought a MM5 license yet.
To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton