[Solved] Issues with ripping enhanced cds[#15782][#17506][#17513]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

robojock

[Solved] Issues with ripping enhanced cds[#15782][#17506][#17513]

Post by robojock »

Hi,

I have a few issues with the cd rip node.

1. When using F2 to edit track titles / names and you press enter the one you just edited disappears from the list. Only way to make it reappear is going to another node and back again to the cd rip node so that mm can reload all the tracks from the cd. If you do not do that mm will only rip the tracks "shown"

2. Current cd has 14 tracks so I edit 5, 8 and 11. Track 11 stays "highlighted" because I just edited it, continue to next step of ripping the cd (CRTL+SHIFT+R, right click <-doesn't matter which way you use) rip cd window will appear. All tracks show "highlighted" but only track 11 is selected.

I think no. 2 is a regression of this
Last edited by robojock on Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lowlander

Re: [2304] Issues with cd rip node

Post by Lowlander »

2) https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15782

I can't reproduce either on build 2304.

1) Are you in the root CD node or viewing the CD contents through Folders in the Media Tree?

2) This is fixed for me in 2304.
robojock

Post by robojock »

Lowlander what is the point of the check boxes then? First image media monkey shows tracks highlighted none selected. Second image shows all tracks highlighted and selected. That is what is confusing. If I edit one title and open the rip dialogue then it is only that track which is selected but all of them show "highlighted". And wouldn't it be better to rather deselect the tracks you don't want to rip than to re-select all the tracks you want to rip?

Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

1) So the selection you made in MediaMonkey is the selection in the Rip dialog? That is the way it's meant to work. It allows you to use the Filelisting to setup what will be Ripped. With full tag display in the Filelisting this can be more useful than the Rip dialog.
The highlights show what will change, which is the case with Path. The highlight reflects that New Path isn't equal to Old Path.
robojock

Post by robojock »

Here is a video of what i mean
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

The selection works as intended.

However the files disappearing doesn't. I can't reproduce that, so you should capture it in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
They have been fixing issues related to in-line tagging and the Filelisting. Something seems to have affected the CD node, but I haven't seen this over the many builds so far.
robojock

Post by robojock »

The selection doesn't work as intended. Because I did NOT select track 14. I right clicked on it causing mm to highlight and making the rip dialogue to only select that one. So if you have a cd with a lot of tracks and right click anywhere on that screen where the tracks are it will make mm only select that one. AND if I wanted to select what I want to rip or deselect tracks I don't want to rip I would rather use the check boxes than holding CRTL in and clicking away. Which is more likely to happen, me ripping a whole cd or just a few tracks?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

It's by design that the selection in the Filelisting carries into the Rip Dialog. You can either Ctrl+A in the Filelisting or select all files in the Rip dialog.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I can confirm that the pre-selection is intended to keep per design: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=15782

I also cannot replicate the track disappearing after edit (and debug log would be useful here), nevertheless I found that after editing the CD track is actually added to the library!
This should not happen and may be somehow related to the disappearing.
To be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17506
robojock

Re: Issues with cd rip node[#15782][#17506]

Post by robojock »

Ok i figured out the issue with the disappearing tracks when editing them. This happens with "enhanced cds" and not "normal cds".

While testing I discovered a new issue. When editing the tracks using the "F2 function" mediamonkey creates that track (or link to it) in the library. #17506 :roll: maybe i should read the other comments before posting :roll:

With this issue #15782 I can live with, I guess I just have to change the way I do things

Debug log pink - missundaztood (enhanced cd)
Debug log bump 16 (normal cd)
Debug log linkin park - meteora (enhanced cd)
robojock

Post by robojock »

Another issue, with the pink - missundaztood enchanced cd the "extra" on the cds content was .wav files so I could rip that cd to an audio format. With the linkin park - meteora cd the extra content is video .mpg so I cannot rip the audio files as mm5 sees it now as a video files even if I just select the audio files. Also the metadata mm5 fetches is incomplete and messed up.

Peke

Re: Issues with ripping enhanced cds[#15782][#17506]

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Can you please use Copy CD to ISO in apps like free version of https://www.burnaware.com/download.html then open support ticket and supply us with download links to both ISO/BIN files so that we can simulate same issue like yours.

Use file sharing services like DropBox, One Drive, Google Drive, mega.nz, ... as our support system do not allow attaching large files.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
robojock

Post by robojock »

Hi Peke,
I tried burnaware it creates .iso files which is not correct for multisession disc's which is the case with enhanced cds. Imgburn creates .bin with cue files which is correct for multisession disc's. The only thing is you cannot mount .bin files they have to be burnt back to a disc. Are you able to do so? I don't want to go through all the trouble and it doesn't work. I wanted to make sure the image files work my side and have the same problems before creating a support ticket. Can you not pick anything up from the logs I attached in my previous post?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

No need for further info/logs.

It is reproducible for me with any enhanced CD (mixed audio+data)

Fixed in 2306 as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17513

Thanks!
pinkish

Post by pinkish »

robojock wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:10 ampink - missundaztood
@robojock I've tried contacting you via this forum, but there is no option to message or email you. I'm very interested in the contents of the Missundaztood CD, if you happen to have the original pressing of it. More specifically, I am looking to the mix of "Misery" that has Pink singing the second verse as well, instead of Steven Tyler. It's like the Holy Grail, I've been looking for it for years!

Please drop me a line via PM or a reply here and then we can talk more privately.

To Admin: Please excuse me for hijacking this topic, I know it's rude, but there's no other way to contact the user and this issue is very important to me, being a huge fan of Pink's. Thank you for understanding.