MM5 memory leak ?

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

z3huti

MM5 memory leak ?

Post by z3huti »

Just playing tracks to DLNA player, over time memory usage grows.
1 hour of playing, almost 500 MB memory usage now

Last edited by z3huti on Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowlander

Re: MM5 memory leak ?

Post by Lowlander »

Are you doing other things in MediaMonkey as well? I can't reproduce (with client playing from MM5).
z3huti

Post by z3huti »

Yes, but even if I dont do anything, MM minimized and playing to DLNA, memory grows.
Just tried playing to foobar and same thing. Flac files, not transcoding.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable to reproduce, I've got 2 MM5's running both set to the Playing node. One (the server) is being used by 2 clients to stream from while also playing files locally and memory usage is stable. The other (client w/o library) is streaming from the server and playing to a DLNA speaker, it's memory usage also remains stable.

A mix of MP3 and FLAC is being played untranscoded.

So capturing this in a debug log (step 4b) would likely be really helpful to discover where the problem may lie on your setup: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
z3huti

Post by z3huti »

log with almost 30 min of playing to foobar

memory went from 150 at start to ~250

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q2oJWt ... sp=sharing

also got this error, its in log somewhere at the end

btw is it normal that there is 2 MediaMonkeyEngine.exe ?

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

z3huti wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:45 pm btw is it normal that there is 2 MediaMonkeyEngine.exe ?
Yes - On Task Manager, if you enable the "Command line" column, you'll see an instance of MediaMonkeyEngine.exe with --type=renderer and one with --type=utility. I believe that the renderer process spawns the additional utility process(es).

If you have the Debug build installed, could you open the devtools (with Inspect Element), switch to the Memory tab, and let us know how much memory it says it's using in JS? I usually see around 60 MB. (That's of course not the total amount of memory that's being used, but if JS is taking up way more for some reason, we'll at least have some hint as to what could be the culprit.)
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
z3huti

Post by z3huti »

is that what you asking ?

at MM startup it was 15MB but grows after playing to foobar

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

That is what I'm referring to, yes. So hmm, the extra memory usage is probably something else...
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Thanks for reporting,
I see the same with foobar2000 renderer, the utilized memory grows 5 MB per minute!

Will be fixed as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17755 in the upcoming build

The runtime error was moved to viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98782