Album Artist / Artist images not being picked up [#17866]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

MarkCoyle

Album Artist / Artist images not being picked up [#17866]

Post by MarkCoyle »

In RC7 it seems that the images in the portable/artist images folder are not being picked up - so the image is recreated as an album image or composite if multiple exist.
I have tried rescanning the library afterwards and it does not have any impact.

Thanks
Mark
Lowlander

Re: Album Artist / Artist images not being picked up

Post by Lowlander »

Did the same install (db) put the images there?
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

My experience is that this works well.

I typically install each new version of the software in a fresh folder i.e.:
C:\MediaMonkey 5 2330\
C:\MediaMonkey 5 2333\

After installation I copy the contents of the older installation to the new one e.g.

C:\MediaMonkey 5 2330\Portable\ArtistImages\ to C:\MediaMonkey 5 2333\Portable\ArtistImages\

for the portable install. And:
C:\MediaMonkey 5 2333\Portable\ArtistImages\ to C:\Users\IanRT\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey5\ArtistImages\

for a normal install. This is not just for "Artists" but also includes tile images publishers and composers (about 6000 images total in my case).
Ian Taylor
MarkCoyle

Post by MarkCoyle »

Thanks. Yes I can do the install into a new drive and copy the Portable folder - I know that works to date.

With recent release candidates I have installed in the normal not portable sense (you then get the Windows Shell integration). The portable folder remains with all the artists images with the install into the same root folder that the install package picks.

However in RC7 it seems that whatever route was used, the artist images are not picking up - even for artists with an image.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

Hi Mark,

For a normal installation I think the artist (composer / publisher) images can be found in:

C:\Users\IanRT\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey5\ArtistImages\

Is the file count for this "normal" location similar to the "portable" location for artwork?
Ian Taylor
MarkCoyle

Post by MarkCoyle »

Thanks for the helpful reply. It's appreciated.
Simon Armstrong

Post by Simon Armstrong »

As a long time user of MM5 and it's predecessors I have also come across the same difficulties as Mark with the most recent build (5.0.1.2402). All artist images are now either album covers or multiples thereof, whereas before they were images of the artists. If I select and "Lookup Image" I am presented with the stock photos which I can select and this then appears in "Artistimages" and is applied to the artist in MM. If however I choose to browse and select the intended image (the one I want as opposed to the dull stock photos) from the original media folder, nothing. I have tried resizing the image (300x300 jpg) or even copying it directly into the Artistimages folder and still I cannot use this image.

This is on a Windows 10 MM5 desktop installation with media files located on NAS. Not a portable installation in this instance.
Yet another whole night in front of the computer! Need more NAS storage and a faster processor.....always.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Simon Armstrong wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:22 pm If however I choose to browse and select the intended image (the one I want as opposed to the dull stock photos) from the original media folder, nothing. I have tried resizing the image (300x300 jpg) or even copying it directly into the Artistimages folder and still I cannot use this image.
Thanks for reporting, I can replicate the issue and entered it as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17866 (to be fixed for the next build)