[REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar [#17826 #17560 #18019]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

FJvH

[REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar [#17826 #17560 #18019]

Post by FJvH »

Dear MM Team,

Recently installed MM5, and it looks great.
However there are 2 things that at the moment hold me back to fully switch from MM4:

1. I would like to see the Player either in the bottom or top panel.Currently it can only be placed left or right.

2. I read that the toolbar is no longer configurable. However the ability of adding actions like in MM4 was highly useful.

Apologies if these were already mentioned in earlier posts.

Thanks and b.Best regards.
drakinite

Re: [REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar

Post by drakinite »

1. Do you mean the Playing panel? The Player can be placed in the bottom, main, or top panel.

2. Good point; Tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17826
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
FJvH

Re: [REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar [#17826]

Post by FJvH »

Sorry, yes I meant the Playing panel.
When it could be placed at the bottom (or top) more fields are directly available for viewing and editing. This is especially handy when loading new items to the library. It would then also enable to close the right panel and thus have a wider main panel.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

You can use the Playing node to have the Playing panel content loaded in the main panel (Filelisting): https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/WebHel ... laying/5.0
Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
FJvH

Post by FJvH »

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I think this can indeed work if you then open the respective library collection in another tab. For media management purposes it would have been nice to see both in one screen (like in MM 4), but I can see that such a mod would not be high priority.

Thanks again.
1001Musik

Post by 1001Musik »

I had made the suggestion that you could pin different tabs that you use frequently. The idea was found to be good and should be implemented. Unfortunately, nothing has happened to this day.
WiFi Syncing
MM Gold 4.1.31.1919 auf Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit "portable Installation" auf externe Festplatte
MM Gold 5.0.0.2325 Beta "portable Installation" auf externe Festplatte
MM Android 1.4.3.0948 Pro auf folgenden Geräten

Phones: Huawei P30 Pro Android 10.0 / Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Android 10
rusty

Post by rusty »

1001Musik wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:02 am I had made the suggestion that you could pin different tabs that you use frequently. The idea was found to be good and should be implemented. Unfortunately, nothing has happened to this day.
Yes--that's tracked at https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17560
fe2o3yyc

Toolbars

Post by fe2o3yyc »

I cannot find a way to add toolbars at the top of the interface and to modify them in MM5. I found the ability add, move, and to configure the toolbars valuable in previous versions. For example, having the refresh command visible on a toolbar, adding stop after the current file in the player toolbar, etc. Similarly, the ability to remove unused items was useful for a streamlined interface. Shortcuts can perform some of these tasks but are much less convenient to me.
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Customization requests Layout and Toolbar [#17826 #17560 #18019]

Post by Lowlander »

Lowlander (MediaMonkey user since 2003)
Ludek

Re: Toolbars

Post by Ludek »

fe2o3yyc wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:36 pm I cannot find a way to add toolbars at the top of the interface and to modify them in MM5. I found the ability add, move, and to configure the toolbars valuable in previous versions. For example, having the refresh command visible on a toolbar, adding stop after the current file in the player toolbar, etc. Similarly, the ability to remove unused items was useful for a streamlined interface. Shortcuts can perform some of these tasks but are much less convenient to me.
This is tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17826