Playback "Stop After" feature doesn't work correctly when casting to uPNP/DLNA speaker(s) [#17827]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

mariosAudioPhile81

Playback "Stop After" feature doesn't work correctly when casting to uPNP/DLNA speaker(s) [#17827]

Post by mariosAudioPhile81 »

Hi,

I have noticed this bug using MediaMonkey 5.0.0.2338 on a Windows 10 Home 20H2 machine. This only happens when I cast the player's output to one or more uPNP/DLNA speakers and not when using the internal renderer (playing through laptop speakers). I have two DLNA-compatible speakers and the problem is there regardless of whether I cast to a specific single one or both of them at the same time using Multi-zone casting.

When there is a track playing as explained above and there is one or more tracks to follow in the playing list, the Stop After feature does not work as expected. When selecting "Stop After Current file", letting the current song finish will only result in the next one to follow and start playing. Having said that, when requesting the above, the little stop square sign comes up at the top right of the Play button correctly. However, when the current track ends and the next one is incorrectly started as well, the square stop sign disappears (as you would expect in this mode).

Equally, when requesting a "Stop After Every file" on the current track playing, the stop square sign is shown at the top right of the Play button, the next track is incorrectly started at the end of the current track as above but then, the stop square sign is persisted (still showing) after advancing to the next track.

I have attached a video to showcase the issue (specifically the first "Stop After Current file" case).
https://www.screencast.com/t/53OLXMd4cR8U