Find more from the same...playlist. Crash [#17879]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Ludek

Re: Find more from the same...playlist. Crash

Post by Ludek »

OK,
could you check whether line 8188 in your actions.js is
cancelTask = app.playlists.getPlaylistsForTrackAsync(track);
or whether there is
var list = app.playlists.getPlaylistsForTrackAsync(track);
?

I guess that if you install 2404 to another folder then the correct version of actions.js will be there?
Couldn't be a backup software on your PC somehow preserving the old version of actions.js script ?
As for sharing, you can attach it to eSupport ticket or upload it to a free file hosting service (DropBox, MediaFire,...) and put the link to the file here.
onegumas

Post by onegumas »

MiPi wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:08 am
onegumas wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:51 pm Mediamonkey dont have now direct right click and open location???? We have year 2021.
What do you mean? There is "Open in Explorer" when rightclicking on some folder. Or you mean something else?
Hi, thanks for reply. it should works in that way, i know. I got annoyed when i was going through menu with "playlist" and was getting crash before i got to explorer menu.

Right now i can confirm that the problem is in an exceptional error on some java file which should be updated with newer version during main program update but it wasn't. Unninstaling and reinstaling "mediamonkey" solvs problem
BMF

Post by BMF »

Hi Ludek,

in the line 8188 (and around it) there aren't such entries.

What is the correct version? I did an update over an older installation and i find there an action.js with the same date and hour. And surprise with this installation there isn't the crash issue.

There is a backiup software but i start it always manually. So it isn't working when i do updates.

Here is the link to the possibly corrupted action. js of my main istallation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3te9k1l0bdimm ... ns.js?dl=0

So ... when i put a copy of a newly installed MM5 in the folder of my main installation the problem will be solved?

Greetings from sunny Berlin (rain showers forecasted though)
BMF
nothing but a bmf ....
--------------------------
Windows 10 Professional (64 Bit); MM 5 (lifetime licence);
iPod Classic, Sonos
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, with this installation there is the correct actions.js script with line

Code: Select all

var list = app.playlists.getPlaylistsForTrackAsync(track);
and no longer the incorrect (old) with:

Code: Select all

cancelTask = app.playlists.getPlaylistsForTrackAsync(track);
So re-installing solved the issue and seemed to replace the old actions.js correctly this time, the question is why it silently failed beforehand.
What is the backup software that you are using and are you using it to backing up something from the "C:\PortableApps\MediaMonkey 5\" that could cause the old version of actions.js being restored ?
BMF

Post by BMF »

Hi Ludek,

unfortunately you aren't right. The failure isn't gone.

And don't worry about the backup software. The folder "Portableapps" isn't in the save path.

It is far beyond my technical horizon, but maybe the cause isn't in the action.js for taking the .js from a freshly installed MM5 did not have a positive effect.

Greetings
BMF
nothing but a bmf ....
iPod Classic, Sonos
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

BMF wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:11 pm Hi Ludek,

unfortunately you aren't right. The failure isn't gone.

And don't worry about the backup software. The folder "Portableapps" isn't in the save path.

It is far beyond my technical horizon, but maybe the cause isn't in the action.js for taking the .js from a freshly installed MM5 did not have a positive effect.

Greetings
BMF
Damn, so from where the incorrect version of actions.js can be taken ??
Can you please:
1) Search your PC whether you have a single actions.js file just in the PortableApps folder ?
2) Generate full debug log (with DbgView started prior to MM5) -- see item 4b here: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643

Thanks! This issue really makes me crazy and I would love to undestand it finally.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

One other idea: Once upon a time (in an earlier version before xMax) there were the js scripts all in one ZIP archive in the install folder. Could you search your install folder for a ZIP archive that could include the old version of actions.js ?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Ludek wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 4:51 pm One other idea: Once upon a time (in an earlier version before xMax) there were the js scripts all in one ZIP archive in the install folder. Could you search your install folder for a ZIP archive that could include the old version of actions.js ?
OK, that it is! Found it: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17879

EDIT: Will be fixed in the next build (that will delete and ignore the 'data.zip')
For now feel free to just delete the 'data.zip' from the install folder and it will do the "magic" ;-)
BMF

Post by BMF »

Hey Ludek,

you found the solution. I instantly deleted the data.zip and ... there was the magic.

Thank you. It is good that you did not go crazy ;-)

Greetings
BMF
nothing but a bmf ....
iPod Classic, Sonos
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

BMF wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:01 pm Thank you. It is good that you did not go crazy ;-)
Yes, I love that I didn't go crazy yet! (hopefully) :-D