CD Burning in MM 5 - Please share your thoughts [#17807[

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Do you require CD burning in MediaMonkey 5 ?

Poll ended at Fri May 21, 2021 4:07 pm

Yes, I need to burn Audio CDs that play in any CD player.
17%
Yes, I need to burn MP3 CD/DVDs.
No votes
Yes, I need to burn both Audio CDs and MP3 CD/DVDs.
19%
No, I'd rather the MM team focus on other features.
64%

Total votes: 47

jasntmason

Re: CD Burning in MM 5 - Please share your thoughts

Post by jasntmason »

Hell, yes! Why would you ever have taken it out?? This shouldn't even be something to vote on or "request!" Why would you suddenly drop compatibility??

Also, the fact that only 40-something people responded should tell you that you never reached out to your community enough **TO SUDDENLY DROP COMPATIBILITY**

I've been using MediaMonkey for several years and have a lifetime subscription. One of the features I've liked most is that I don't have to use another tool/program to burn mp3 playlists onto DVDs. I do this because I have an extensive collection of mps and can burn 1000s on just one DVD, instead of 20-30 .wav files on a CD, and listen in my car

When are you bringing this back? Having to resinstall version 4.x just to burn is ridiculous. I develop software for a living and can't believe such a poor decision was made by your product owners. Didn't even say anything in the upgrade popup, either. When you remove functionality, you need to warn your users not just surprise them with an "upgrade" that clearly downgrades the product
dypsis

Post by dypsis »

Like it or not, optical media is almost dead, so I guess it is a natural progression to omit it in MM5 and let the team focus on other features.
And to be honest, there are still plenty of burning alternatives at this point in time.

The best tip that I would give is. "Do not waste too much precious time with any optical media burning tasks".
plarsen

Post by plarsen »

Sorry I missed the poll. I use the CD burning feature because I have an old car and it is best for me to burn a CD in order to listen to my large music collection while driving. I don't have the ability to play music electronically in the car. I very much like MM5 but going back and forth is a hassle. I would like to see even a basic CD burning feature in MM5.
electriconoclast

Post by electriconoclast »

Finally upgraded today and I was so shocked the feature was missing I thought I had messed up registering. I convert LPs to CD's as part of my living, as well my DJ mixes and mp3s CDs for both my and my partner's vehicles. I have made so many playlists and rated so many tracks in my library with this lovely program for the past 15 years, but I'll probably not use 5 in spite of now having a lifetime gold subscription.
Peke

Post by Peke »

electriconoclast wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:04 pm Finally upgraded today and I was so shocked the feature was missing I thought I had messed up registering. I convert LPs to CD's as part of my living, as well my DJ mixes and mp3s CDs for both my and my partner's vehicles. I have made so many playlists and rated so many tracks in my library with this lovely program for the past 15 years, but I'll probably not use 5 in spite of now having a lifetime gold subscription.
For now you can use both, Eg Use MM4 for Burning (Drag and Drop prepared playlists to MM4) and take full advantage of MM5 as Music manager. If you carefully like me collected, written, calculated tracks Initial Key you can really benefit out of MM5.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
roberts-end

Cant find how to burn a CD

Post by roberts-end »

MM5.1.2433 Gold.
Think I may be missing something. I cant see how to burn a CD. Instructions say it should be under Tools menu, but I cant find any entry for burning. Is this still a work in progress or have I missed something?
crawdad63

Re: Cant find how to burn a CD

Post by crawdad63 »

I'll answer this. You can't. Once all the bugs are worked this will be the main chink in MM5's armor. I'll let the engineers follow up on the why's and wherefores.
To each his reach, but if I don't cop it ain't mine to have
George Clinton
roberts-end

Re: Cant find how to burn a CD

Post by roberts-end »

Thanks, not me then. I'll let the devs get back to work.
C R Gee

Burn CD in version 5?

Post by C R Gee »

This function is not available in the version 5 I have loaded. How can this be fixed?
drtmstr

Post by drtmstr »

very disappointed that there is no cd burning I have older versions of this software and really like it, But I use it pretty much to burn cd's without this function. I purchased the gold version before finding out mm5 doesn't burn cd's. I will look elsewhere in the future.
rusty

Post by rusty »

Reminder: you can use your v5 license with MediaMonkey v4 to burn CDs.
Joe2

Please implement CD burning again

Post by Joe2 »

Since MM5 does not support CD burning I additionally have to use MM4. The current database is from MM5 and I get error messages if I start MM4 with the database from MM5. This situation is not good.
Please again implement CD burning in MM5.
CygXanadu

Media Monkey's new version 5.0.1.2433

Post by CygXanadu »

There is no Burn function in this new version (5.0.1.2433) I always liked the burn function better than standalone music CD burners.

At least the new installation kept the old version, so I’m still able to burn.
ajmurphy

Re: CD Burning in MM 5 - Please share your thoughts [#17807[

Post by ajmurphy »

i was looking for this today. been trying to use MM5 and getting use to it but this sucks. i made all my playlists in MM5 i don't see them in MM4 and IDK if they'll load either. probably not. against my better judgement i decided to use MM5, now i'm stuck. so bad. burning CDs should be an elementary feature. ugh.
Ludek

Re: CD Burning in MM 5 - Please share your thoughts [#17807[

Post by Ludek »

Note that easiest current workaround IMO is to drag and drop set of files from MM5 to empty MM4 Now Playing list and burn it (Send to > Burn).