Start playing takes long time

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

FJvH

Start playing takes long time

Post by FJvH »

Dear MM team,

I am encountering long response times when selecting a track to play. It is acceptable when selecting from a collection less than 250 tracks, but then it increases. Timed several selections:

# Tracks Response time
2,160 21 seconds
3,787 29 seconds
6,528 49 seconds
21,719 2 min 18 sec
39,294 4 min 9 sec

This was using version 2405, but I had the same issue with the prior MM5 releases. Did the same test in MM4 and there the tracks all started in less than a second.
Also when clicking on the next file arrow, the next track starts immediately, but double clicking on the next song results again in a long response time.
Lowlander

Re: Start playing takes long time

Post by Lowlander »

Can you please capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 This will allow a developer to analyze what may slowing this down in your environment.
FJvH

Post by FJvH »

Decided to 1st remove MM5 completely and then reinstall using my MM4 database.
Result: the response time issue disappeared.

Sorry, should have thought of this option prior to reporting an issue.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

If this does crop up again please capture it in a debug log. It may be waiting on some database interaction, but it would be good to find out exactly what.
FJvH

Post by FJvH »

Found the cause: when "Show warning when file to be played is not accessible" is marked in the Playing list option, the response times become terrible.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

FJvH wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:54 amFound the cause: when "Show warning when file to be played is not accessible"
I tried this with it enabled and with a couple thousand playback is instantaneous, with around 100000 it's still under 30 seconds. You may want to capture this in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 30&t=86643 This will allow the developers to analyze why it's slower in your setup.