Sorting and Selection issue [#17864]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Brian Siano

Sorting and Selection issue [#17864]

Post by Brian Siano »

How can I select items in a list to highlight them, and re-sort them with the selected items still highlighted?

I have a huge list, and in many cases, I have albums stored both as WAVs and as FLAC files. I'd like to do the following steps:

1. Sort the list by Type or Extension
2. Select all the WAV files
3. Resort the list by Album or Title, so that the highlighted WAV files alternate with their FLAC versions.

My problem is this: if I select files, and then resort the list, the files don't remain selected. It happens every so often, but not reliably. Is this a bug, or is there something I'm missing?

(If there's another way to highlight files in a list by some rule, I'd love to know about it.) 8)
Lowlander

Re: Sorting and Selection issue

Post by Lowlander »

Riegelstriegel

MM5 doesn't keep selection of songs when changing column sort order

Post by Riegelstriegel »

Hi there,

As mentioned in the title I just noticed that whenever I select a couple of songs (via Ctrl or Shift mouse click) in the list view of any tree node and then click on a column to change the sort order, MM5 will "forget" the selection of songs I just made.
In MM4 it was possible to do this and it was a great help at organizing files. Do you think it would be possible to bring this behavior back to MM5?

Also, I see a similar issue when the preview panel is set to display selected songs and auto lookup of lyrics is enabled.
In that case, whenever lyrics are found and written to the tag for a recently marked song in the library list, you will loose the marking of all the previously selected songs.
A workaround for that would simply be to set the preview panel to "playing", but I still wanted to bring it to your attention.

Both the above behaviors do not apply to the playing panel on the right side. In this panel, the marking of selected songs is kept when lyrics are written to a file or when the playlist is re-organized (like randomized or reversed), so I have some hope that it would be possible to adjust the behavior for the library panel as well.

I am on beta build 2404 and I tried different skins. Apologies if this already was brought to your attention or there are good reasons for keeping that behavior.

Thanks a lot in any case! I like MM5 very much so far and I really appreciate your effort. :D
Lowlander

Re: Sorting and Selection issue [#17864]

Post by Lowlander »

Should be fixed in build 2406 (not yet released).
Riegelstriegel

Post by Riegelstriegel »

Hi,

I just installed 2407 and wanted to let you know that the fix solves this problem for me. Thank you!
Peke

Post by Peke »

Gi,
Thank you for update.

Happy Monkeying!
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts