wrong artist images in background

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

dannyj

wrong artist images in background

Post by dannyj »

Hi,
unique artist names are working good, but if the artists name is a common word like Cramps, Bears and so on the displayed pictures often show things like legs (Cramps) or real bears. Probably it would help to add the word "artist" or "band" to the search.
Same solution could also work for artist bio.
Also sometimes after switching to the next song the pictures and bio of the previous song are still displayed.
Greetings Danny
Lowlander

Re: wrong artist images in background

Post by Lowlander »

Do you see the old picture being displayed on build 2416: https://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewt ... 86639&sd=d
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

dannyj wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:22 am unique artist names are working good, but if the artists name is a common word like Cramps, Bears and so on the displayed pictures often show things like legs (Cramps) or real bears. Probably it would help to add the word "artist" or "band" to the search.
Hi Danny,

when you say "displayed" do you mean when you use the "lookup image" facility, or is MM5 choosing this image to display in its views?

I see what you see in the lookup image facility, and I think that your suggestion is a very good one.

dannyj wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:22 am Also sometimes after switching to the next song the pictures and bio of the previous song are still displayed.
I see something like this also. I don't use MM as a player, but sometimes the MM5 forgets to notify the Selected tab on the rhs, that my selection has changed, as described point #4 here
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
MiPi

Post by MiPi »

dannyj wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:22 am Hi,
unique artist names are working good, but if the artists name is a common word like Cramps, Bears and so on the displayed pictures often show things like legs (Cramps) or real bears. Probably it would help to add the word "artist" or "band" to the search.
Same solution could also work for artist bio.
Also sometimes after switching to the next song the pictures and bio of the previous song are still displayed.
Greetings Danny
There is not any universal word, that would help in search, it helps for some bands, but ruins the result for some other (e.g. after adding band it sometimes found images of something like ribbons, when artist is not a band, but a single person, it also did not give good results often, etc.). So the only solution is do it for every band separately, as it mostly works good for wider known artists. You could write us list of bands/artists and search phrases that work better for them and we can improve results for all by adding such exceptions to the search script, thanks. Also results of the search are changing, so what can work one month, could stop working then... what works in one country, does not work in other... it will never be 100% reliable. But you can always try to find the right image manually using Lookup image dialog (at least in Artists grid).

Re bio - do you mean Playing - Artist Bio? Is it somehow reproducible more frequently?