[REQ] Individual Playlist views

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

troybrisbin

[REQ] Individual Playlist views

Post by troybrisbin »

In MM4 we were able to define the view for individual playlists without overriding the view for every single playlist.

In MM5 if I change the view to "list" for one playlist it changes it to "list" in each and every single playlist. With that being said, I do not know if this is a considered a bug or a feature request, but we should be able to define a different view for each individual playlist without it overriding all of our other playlists. Can someone point me to a proper wiki that shows how to fix this or can I ask for it to be a future feature request.
Ludek

Re: [REQ] Individual Playlist views

Post by Ludek »

I have just tested MM4 & MM5 and it works the same - the view and columns are shared among all playlists.
i.e. in MM4 changing view from 'Show details' to 'Show art' changes the view also in the other playlist(s).
Similarly changing visibility or column order in the 'Show details' view persists for all playlists.

So not sure which feature are you requesting? Maybe you are using a third party addon?
troybrisbin

Re: [REQ] Individual Playlist views

Post by troybrisbin »

Let me see if I can explain. In MM4 when I create a playlist called "shoots" and set display to "list" form. I then create a playlist called "ladders" and display it in "list by album" form. Both of the individual playlists keep their display settings.

Shoots = list
Ladders = list by album

In MM5 when I create a playlist using the same example as above the individual playlists change to the most recent view. As a matter of fact, all playlists change to the most recent selected view. Totally frustrating.