Podcasts: Persistent Album Art

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

manalive

Podcasts: Persistent Album Art

Post by manalive »

I'm not sure how it works currently but it looks like MM tries to grab online images every time I open up the podcast subscription list.

I have hundreds of podcasts in there and they never seem to have any album art no matter how many times I manually select the image I want for it. They are just permanently blank.

It would be nice if the album art we selected would persist.

Thanks!
Lowlander

Re: [REQ] Podcasts: Persistent Album Art

Post by Lowlander »

Which Build (Help > About) of MediaMonkey 5?

At what point do you experience the loss of associated Artwork?

I'm unable to reproduce on 2431. After associating some Art (both online and local Artwork files) and restarting MediaMonkey the Artwork is still associated, it also persisted after running Update all Podcasts.
jduffus

Post by jduffus »

I have a similar problem retaining album artwork for podcasts. From the Subscriptions view in MMW 5.0.1.2433 I can right-click on a podcast and lookup an image. But it does not seem to persist for long. Is the image persistent only until the podcast is next updated? Can the image be made "sticky"?
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

I'm unable reproduce this. Please capture this problem in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643

This will help a developer analyze why this happens in your setup.
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

I also cannot replicate, the looked up image persists fine for me.
Maybe it is releated to a particular RSS feeds? Which is the RSS link that you have tested?
Nevertheless catching this in the debug log and atacching to a ticket should shed some light on it + would show the links.
manalive

Post by manalive »

I'm sorry I never saw any notifications for replies on this thread.

I always try to have the latest beta version of MM5, and this has always been a problem. I have almost 3,000 podcasts and none of them retain their album art.

I haven't tried to figure out when it happens because it just...always happens for every podcast. It's not on restart They just disappear at some point.

What should I be looking for/how can I test this?
Lowlander

Re: Podcasts: Persistent Album Art

Post by Lowlander »

Capture the adding and subsequent loss in a debug log.
Lowlander wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:12 pm Please capture this problem in a debug log (step 4b) and attach the log to a Support Ticket: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86643
manalive

Re: Podcasts: Persistent Album Art

Post by manalive »

This seems impossible to capture.

When I add a podcast, it pulls the art correctly and saves it. It will be there for awhile. One day I'll open it up, and it's gone. I assume the cache folder is just getting cleared occasionally.

I've resorted to saving the images in a folder of my choosing and then using SQL against the MM.db to set the value. These seem to persist.

First, I use the following script to find the ID:

Code: Select all

SELECT * 
FROM PODCASTS
WHERE PodcastName like '%Stuff%'
(replace Stuff with part of the podcast name)

Code: Select all

UPDATE PODCASTS
SET CachedImageLink = 'Z:\content\audio\podcasts\_albumart\image.jpg'
WHERE ID = '1234'
(Z:\.. with the real filepath and 1234 with the ID from the first script).

It won't show up until after I've restarted MM but the images I've set this way don't seem to get cleared.