Lyrics Field Not Respecting Line Breaks/CR [#18247]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

jhwells

Lyrics Field Not Respecting Line Breaks/CR [#18247]

Post by jhwells »

I converted from MM4.x to the most recent 5.x version last week and just noticed that the lyrics field is no longer respecting line breaks / carriage returns.

I use the lyrics field to copy and paste playlists from several radio programs that I record each week and until the 5.x upgrade the process has been flawless. Then, any portable music player can display the "lyrics" on demand to see what song is playing at a particular time...

Any insight into fixing the behavior? Included below are samples from two files, one processed with MM4 and the other with MM5

Sample from MM4 file:
9:04 AM Nick Lowe The Beast In Me Quiet Please... The New Best Of Nick Lowe Proper Records
9:06 AM Nick Lowe I Trained Her To Love Me Quiet Please... The New Best Of Nick Lowe Proper Records
9:09 AM Glen Campbell Southern Nights Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Mix, Vol. 2 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) Capitol Nashville
9:12 AM Waylon Jennings You Ask Me To Honky Tonk Heroes Sony Music
9:14 AM Calexico Tulsa Telephone Book Real: The Tom T. Hall Project Sire / London/Rhino

Sample from MM5 file using the same procedure:
08:00 PM Brian Jack and the Zydeco Gamblers I Don't Know Why To Be Continued Brian Jack Productions 08:06 PM Keith Frank & The Soileau Zydeco Band Walking On Sunshine Ready Or Not 08:09 PM Jeffery Broussard,Creole Cowboys Richest Man Keeping the Tradition Alive ORCHARD - Maison de Soul Records 08:16 PM Andre Thierry & Zydeco Magic Swingin' On a Vine Are You Ready To Learn A Magic Records 08:19 PM Chris Ardoin Who Is It / Sometimes Requested Live ORCHARD - Maison de Soul Records 08:26 PM Nathan And The Zydeco Cha-Chas Everything On The Hog Steady Rock UMG - New Rounder 08:31 PM Rosie Ledet
Lowlander

Re: Lyrics Field Not Respecting Line Breaks/CR

Post by Lowlander »

Is this a problem in Properties > Lyrics or elsewhere in MediaMonkey? If so where and on which Build (Help > About)?
jhwells

Post by jhwells »

I'm running 5.0.1.2433 and moved from the 4.x branch two weeks ago.

In both 4.x and 5.0.1.2433 I setup the interface so that the Lyrics field is visible in the main UI view. Then, when I paste in a playlist all I have to do is click to make that field editable, ctrl-v, and move on.

When I do that, it strips line breaks and replaces them with a single space, as shown:
08:12 AM Rush Kid Gloves Grace Under Pressure UMG - Island Mercury 08:17 AM Steve Hackett Howl Wild Orchids (Re-Issue 2013) SME - InsideOutMusic 08:21 AM Craig Kinsey I'm Not Part of a Scene American Roots and Machines Splice Records
If I right click and go to Properties/Lyrics tab and THEN paste is behaves as it should, as shown here:
08:12 AM Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young Our House So Far Rhino Atlantic
08:15 AM ZZ Top TV Dinners (2008 Remaster) TV Dinners (2008 Remaster) WMG - Warner Rhino Off Roster-Audio
08:19 AM Amanda Pascali Uccellino (Little Bird) Still It Moves Amanda Pascali and The Family
I'm glad there's a workaround, but I have a workflow that handles 70-100 files per week and having it work the way it did in the 4.x branch is highly desirable.

When making the Lyrics field editable from the main UI it should behave the same way as when going the longer route of right-click/Properties/Lyrics.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

That was an important detail, reproduced as: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18247