Auto Playlist sort by Track doesn't work when preceded by a sort by Added [#5215]

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

tibber

Auto Playlist sort by Track doesn't work when preceded by a sort by Added [#5215]

Post by tibber »

Hello,

I'm just making the switch to MM5 (5.0.1.2433, also tried 5.0.2.2500) from 4 and found that some of my auto playlists are no longer sorting as they used to. These playlists have the following sort rules:

Added Z..A
Album A..Z
Track # A..Z

This gave me a list of tracks I had most recently added, ensured albums were grouped if I added multiple albums at the same time, and then sorted each album by track number. This worked because when I added a whole album or several albums at once the Added date was the same on all of the tracks. Now tracks within albums are usually either backwards or in a nearly random order. Sometimes they appear in the desired order but the sort by Track rule actually has no effect until I remove sort by Added.

I have double checked that he Added date/time in the file Properties for tacks that were added together are the same. Their date/time is identical. I have also gone back to MM4 and checked that it wasn't just a fluke that tracks appeared in the desired order, but that is not the case and sorting by Track # (and Disc #) there does affect the order.

This affects files and auto playlists that were added both before and after the switch to MM5.
Ludek

Re: Auto Playlist sort by Track doesn't work when preceded by a sort by Added

Post by Ludek »

Hi,
thanks for reporting, it seems that #5215 has not been ported to MM5.

Tracking as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view ... 215#c21171 to be fixed for 5.0.2