Custom 1 Field Displays Icon

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Keeps

Custom 1 Field Displays Icon

Post by Keeps »

I used a couple custom fields in MM4, which MM5 (5.0.1.2433) detected and copied when I installed it. Custom 1 is named "Source." For some reason in the main panel file list "Source" displays as a hard drive icon, regardless of the value stored in it - or even if the field is empty. I can edit it in the properties window, and if I select that column in the file list and press F2 the field gets highlighted, but any text I start typing jumps up to the search field.

Custom 2, "Path Name," shows correctly and is editable in the file list. Both of them can be seen in this screenshot, with a variety of values stored in them:
https:// www.dropbox.com/s/fvlpndtvq0apd7t/2021- ... 8.jpg?dl=0
Barry4679

Re: Custom 1 Field Displays Icon

Post by Barry4679 »

Keeps wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:02 pm I used a couple custom fields in MM4, which MM5 (5.0.1.2433) detected and copied when I installed it. Custom 1 is named "Source." For some reason in the main panel file list "Source" displays as a hard drive icon, regardless of the value stored in it - or even if the field is empty. I can edit it in the properties window, and if I select that column in the file list and press F2 the field gets highlighted, but any text I start typing jumps up to the search field.
MM5 has added a new column named "Source" to their database.
It shows the track source eg. your hard drive, or a track that you have added to your library that is on YouTube, or some other Internet location that you sync to.

MM5 is showing you their column, not yours. You need to rename your custom column so another name.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.