2500 - FilesToEdit>DuplicateContent is not constrained by Collection

Help improve MediaMonkey 5 by testing the latest pre-release builds, and reporting bugs and feature requests.

Moderator: Gurus

Barry4679

2500 - FilesToEdit>DuplicateContent is not constrained by Collection

Post by Barry4679 »

steps:
  • create a small collection
  • open FilesToEdit>DuplicateContent node in that collection
  • ==> it wants to process all tracks in the whole database ... other nodes don't work like this
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Peke

Re: 2500 - FilesToEdit>DuplicateContent is not constrained by Collection

Post by Peke »

Hi,
I do not see the point of duplicate if it si limited to collection as it will make high level of not listing duplicates.

Would you care to explain your reasoning?

Maybe adding Collection column would help, but it maybe complicate things. Otherwise I think it is useful to review improvements tin this area.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Peke wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:36 am I do not see the point of duplicate if it si limited to collection as it will make high level of not listing duplicates.
Would you care to explain your reasoning?
Why would I start a scan from the FilesToEdit node, within a Collection, if I didn't want to scan just the Collection?
If I wanted to scan the whole library, I would run it from EntireLibrary.

If I run a DuplicateTitles or DuplicateTilesArtists scan from with a Collection, the scan is confined by that Collection.
Why is DuplicateContent any different?

The other reason is because the setup time for a DuplicateContent scan is very significant. Maybe I don't want to thrash my NAS just to scan a collection on my computer. Or maybe I am just scanning music, and don't want to scan other media files.

Peke wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:36 am Maybe adding Collection column would help, but it maybe complicate things. Otherwise I think it is useful to review improvements tin this area.
??

Why would you add a column. just constrain the scan to the collection. Just do it exactly the same as every other task in the FilesToEdit node.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:48 am Related: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=17227
That's it, thanks.
And Yes, it did go on to analyse all tracks, not just those in the Collection.