MMS 0.0.5: Experience from MM5

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey Server and learn about the newest builds.

Moderators: drakinite, Gurus

jimbob_sf

MMS 0.0.5: Experience from MM5

Post by jimbob_sf »

MM5 2124

I added MMS to Devices & Services and no errors. My library is large (4k albums) and when navigating the MMS entry under the Collections and Nodes left hand tree, it spins for a while trying to query MMS and paint the 4k albums.

I'm still not clear of the relationship of MMS to MM5. I've read, but I'm not getting it. Is MMS intended to replace the library inside MM5 or simply share it for other apps? If purely to share to other apps, would I ever need to view MMS from within MM5?
Lowlander

Re: MMS 0.0.5: Experience from MM5

Post by Lowlander »

It's designed to be a database server that can be accessed from multiple MediaMonkey products. If you're only using 1 MM5 it may not make sense to use MMS as you're just adding a layer of complexity in the setup. You can always move to MMS hosted database in the future.
jiri

Post by jiri »

would I ever need to view MMS from within MM5?
There are currently no plans for this, even though I can't rule this out in longer term. For now, if you don't need the sharing/streaming features of MMS, then MM5 is the only thing you need.

Btw, if you store all your content in MMS and then add it all to MM5, it will remain stored in MMS, but you'll be able to use MM5 pretty much as if the tracks are stored locally -- i.e. best of the both worlds imho.

Jiri
Teknojnky

Post by Teknojnky »

MMS !

linux support!

omg!

will check it out asap!