Antivirus Warning?

Report bugs & feature requests for MediaMonkey Server and learn about the newest builds.

Moderators: drakinite, Gurus

yooper38

Antivirus Warning?

Post by yooper38 »

I got this after installing MM5:

What is a SQL injection exploit?
SQL injection is a code injection technique, used to attack data-driven applications, in which nefarious SQL statements are inserted into an entry field for execution (e.g. to dump the database contents to the attacker). SQL injection must exploit a security vulnerability in an application’s software, for example, when user input is either incorrectly filtered for string literal escape characters embedded in SQL statements or user input is not strongly typed and unexpectedly executed.

Since an SQL Injection vulnerability could possibly affect any website or web application that makes use of an SQL-based database, the vulnerability is one of the oldest, most prevalent and most dangerous of web application vulnerabilities.

In order to run malicious SQL queries against a database server, an attacker must first find an input within the web application that is included inside of an SQL query.

In order for an SQL Injection attack to take place, the vulnerable website needs to directly include user input within an SQL statement. An attacker can then insert a payload that will be included as part of the SQL query and run against the database server.

Should i be on the alert? I use BitDefender for my antivirus. I did put an exception for it.
Peke

Re: Antivirus Warning?

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Please report False Positive to BitDefender.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts