Last.fm Service / Scrobbling doesn't work no more

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

janko74

Last.fm Service / Scrobbling doesn't work no more

Post by janko74 »

Hi,
I don't know what happend. As i first installed MM5, Last.FM Service / scrobbling worked well. From one day to another scrobbling doesn't work anymore. Before that happend, I fiddled around with skins a little bit, installed "refreshSkinShortcut" from sample scripts. One time, I accidently started MM4 while MM5 was running, maybe this caused it?

I signed out from last.fm in the options, deleted scrobble criteria, removed the Monkey from connected apps on the last.fm site , reconnected and singed in again, but nothing changes. Then reinstalled MM5, but it still rejects to scrobble anything to last.fm.

Edit: Scrobbling from MM4 still works.

Any suggestions?
Lowlander

Re: Last.fm Service / Scrobbling doesn't work no more

Post by Lowlander »

Service seems to be up and running: https://twitter.com/lastfmstatus

Both MM5 and MMA are currently scrobbling for me. Anything special about your internet setup?
janko74

Post by janko74 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:41 pm Service seems to be up and running: https://twitter.com/lastfmstatus

Both MM5 and MMA are currently scrobbling for me. Anything special about your internet setup?
I don't know what could be special on my internet setup? It worked two days ago, and I didn't changed anything. I checked it yesterday, why it won't scrobble and today again. I even checked windows firewall. It's mysterious.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Things like VPN or running as a VM. Also check the Time setting on your PC as an incorrectly set time can cause problems.
janko74

Post by janko74 »

Lowlander wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:49 pm Things like VPN or running as a VM. Also check the Time setting on your PC as an incorrectly set time can cause problems.
No VPN or VM running, since I installed MM5. Time setting is correct and synchronized.
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Maybe it was the issue with their servers.
I have no issue scrobbling:

Another case where I can think they have problem is multi scrobbling to same account where they trigger false scrobbling and blocks scrobbling for some time. It was never officially explained, but know that scrobbling from multiple devices do not work.

EDIT: Also check if your Scrobble criteria is correct and playing tracks metadata is OK.
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
janko74

Post by janko74 »

Peke wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:29 pm Hi,
I have no issue scrobbling:

Another case where I can think they have problem is multi scrobbling to same account where they trigger false scrobbling and blocks scrobbling for some time. It was never officially explained, but know that scrobbling from multiple devices do not work.

EDIT: Also check if your Scrobble criteria is correct and playing tracks metadata is OK.
Hmm, added length (seconds) >= 10 to scrobble criteria, as the only criteria and it's back scrobbling. Possibly multi-scrobbling was detected, as i accedently started MM4 while MM5 was running. When it's true that MM5 was blocked for multi-scrobbling, then it was for like 48 hours. I'll try to reproduce this mystery.

Thanks for your suggestions.
janko74

Post by janko74 »

janko74 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:26 am
Peke wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:29 pm Hi,
(...)

Hmm, added length (seconds) >= 10 to scrobble criteria, as the only criteria and it's back scrobbling. Possibly multi-scrobbling was detected, as i accedently started MM4 while MM5 was running. When it's true that MM5 was blocked for multi-scrobbling, then it was for like 48 hours. I'll try to reproduce this mystery.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Seems like you're right with your suspicion that last.fm site is blocking MM5 when scrobbling from multiple devices at the same time. I just checked old headphones for my mobile with Monkey Android App for a few seconds, while MM5 was running, and it stopped scrobbling. Never experienced that before, in 10 years of scrobbling. Switched to MM4 and it's scrobbling. Meeeh, annoying.
Lowlander

Post by Lowlander »

Me neither, I often have MM5 and up to 2 MMA's scrobbling at the same time without issue.