IncrementPlayerCount / DecrementPlayerCount

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

LifeTheLiving

IncrementPlayerCount / DecrementPlayerCount

Post by LifeTheLiving »

I used an addon in MMW4 to Increment Player Count.

Since 2004 I have had Play count and since upgrading to MM I have used it to keep track of Player Count.

Before I upgrade to MMW5 I need to know if there is a Plugin with this functionality for MMW5.

I play music on the phone and in the car. Once I come home I find the music in MMW4 and increment the Play Count. Is there such a functionality for MMW5?

Thank you.
Andre_H

Re: IncrementPlayerCount / DecrementPlayerCount

Post by Andre_H »

Do you sync from/to MMW? That should update your playcounts automatically, no manual tracking needed.

Your question: No, there ist no such addon around yet.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Play Counter values are editable both in file listing and Properties, no addon needed.
LifeTheLiving

Post by LifeTheLiving »

Thank you for your anwers.

I don't synchronize, it words fine manually.

In the file listing I can get it to edit. However often it start to play instead of editing.

It would be better in properties, but I Just can't find it in there, unless it somehow has to be added manually under custom?
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

See Properties > Details > Play counter: [...]

BTW: Use F2 key in filelisting for faster edits
LifeTheLiving

Post by LifeTheLiving »

Thank you very much.

Found them both.
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

LifeTheLiving wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:23 am In the file listing I can get it to edit. However often it start to play instead of editing.
If you find that you are accidently starting track often, you can alter MM default.
The default action when the Enter key is pressed, or the tracks is double clicked, is to play the select track(s).
This can be changed, so that default action is to open the Track properties panel for the selected track(s).

see here
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
LifeTheLiving

Post by LifeTheLiving »

Barry4679 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:29 am
LifeTheLiving wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:23 am In the file listing I can get it to edit. However often it start to play instead of editing.
If you find that you are accidently starting track often, you can alter MM default.
The default action when the Enter key is pressed, or the tracks is double clicked, is to play the select track(s).
This can be changed, so that default action is to open the Track properties panel for the selected track(s).

see here
Thank you very much. I have changed that.

If anyone makes a increment / decrement addon for MM5, please let us know. I can do it manually one track at a time, but most often i play a whole album, and I used to select the whole album and say increment by one. That was convinient.
LifeTheLiving

Post by LifeTheLiving »

Still very interested :-)

The manual way works but like for MM4, I will pay for such an addon :lol: :lol: :lol:
Peke

Post by Peke »

Hi,
If someone wants to pick it up value can be Set/Get easily thru https://www.mediamonkey.com/docs/api/cl ... layCounter
Best regards,
Peke
MediaMonkey Team lead QA/Tech Support guru
Admin of Free MediaMonkey addon Site HappyMonkeying
How to attach PICTURE/SCREENSHOTS to forum posts
Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Actually making such an addon should be very easy.

You can use existing /scripts/swapArtistTitle/ addon.

And just modify parts of it , namely instead of using:

Code: Select all

itm.title = itm.artist;
use

Code: Select all

itm.playCounter = itm.playCounter + 1;
LifeTheLiving

Post by LifeTheLiving »

Thank you for your comment.

I'm NOT a programmer.

Has anyone made the script yet?
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

You can change directly under "Properties" (also Multi Select) or:
Alternative: View detail ... activate the "Played" field ... you can enter the value directly there.

MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation
Barry4679

Post by Barry4679 »

Erwin Hanzl wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:25 am You can change directly under "Properties" (also Multi Select) or:
The OP was asking for something where plays could be altered at the album level.

As you say, you can multi-select the tracks, but there is a trap (bug?) to be aware of.
Say the album has 3 tracks, each with 2 plays. In this case Track Properties will display Play Count of 6 (I.e 3*2 = 6) when you ,multi-select all tracks for the album.

But if you make an alteration to this value, it assigns your new value to each of the tracks.
ie. if you change this whole album play value from 6 to 9, you end up with each track having a play count of 9, giving an album play count of 27!

ie. it displays Play Count for a selection of tracks, as the sum of all play counts ... but it forgets this if you make a change, and it writes your value to every track in your selection..

[UPDATE] Issue tracked as https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=19190
Last edited by Barry4679 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want a dark skin for MM5? This is the one that works best for me .. elegant, compact & clear.
Erwin Hanzl

Post by Erwin Hanzl »

The OP was asking for something where plays could be altered at the album level.
This request was from 20.9.2021 - and today, 9 months later, you answer.
I have listed alternatives to the request of 6/6/2022 and the first post 16.09.2021
MMW 4.1.31.1919 Gold-Standardinstallation