Highlighted text in Search box [#18515]

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

MPG

Highlighted text in Search box [#18515]

Post by MPG »

Hi,
I am using the Monkey Groove skin and you cannot see what text is highlighted in the Search box. Can the color of the highlight be changed so it is visible or maybe the background color of the search box changed to white so the blue highlight is visible?
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
IanRTaylorUK

Re: Highlighted text in Search box

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

I got the same with Groove Monkey so I switched to Code Monkey.

If you look on the Add-Ons page, there is some distinction made between the skins. Some say "Compatible with 5.0.2"

Also keep an eye out for updates to Skins / Add-Ons!
Ian Taylor
drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Thanks; Fixed in the next beta build: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18515

Are there any other places you could find where things are not visible?
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:36 pm If you look on the Add-Ons page, there is some distinction made between the skins. Some say "Compatible with 5.0.2"
Yup; that is because there are some new changes to the skinning API that some new skins are using. If you don't have a beta 5.0.2 build installed, you can install an older version of the skins in the meantime.

We are currently planning a feature that will allow addon developers to inform MediaMonkey of the minimum supported version of their addons, so that this type of compatibility mess can be avoided.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
MPG

Post by MPG »

I haven't noticed any. I'll be sure to update if/when I do.
TIA
MPG
Triumph - Hold On: Music holds the secret, to know it can make you whole.
IanRTaylorUK

Post by IanRTaylorUK »

drakinite wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:56 pm Thanks; Fixed in the next beta build: https://www.ventismedia.com/mantis/view.php?id=18515

Are there any other places you could find where things are not visible?
IanRTaylorUK wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:36 pm If you look on the Add-Ons page, there is some distinction made between the skins. Some say "Compatible with 5.0.2"
Yup; that is because there are some new changes to the skinning API that some new skins are using. If you don't have a beta 5.0.2 build installed, you can install an older version of the skins in the meantime.

We are currently planning a feature that will allow addon developers to inform MediaMonkey of the minimum supported version of their addons, so that this type of compatibility mess can be avoided.
Thanks for the fix Drakinite,

Sounds like a great plan.
Ian Taylor
drakinite

Re: Highlighted text in Search box [#18515]

Post by drakinite »

Turns out I forgot to commit the changes until today (despite marking the issue as fixed), so the fix isn't present in the most recent beta build (2516). It'll be in the next one.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.