[SOLVED] Addon to save Playcounter, LastPlayed, SkipCounter, LastSkipped to tag

Get help for different MediaMonkey 5 Addons.

Moderators: jiri, drakinite, Addon Administrators

Andre_H

Re: [REQ] Addon to save Playcounter, LastPlayed, SkipCounter, LastSkipped to tag

Post by Andre_H »

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to set up at least a little script for the thing above but it doesn't work. I took the supplied "swapArtistTitle" script as a basis and adapted it:

Code: Select all

/* Save Track-Statistics from Database to CustomFields.*/
// Fields:
// Custom5=Rating
// Custom6=Playcount
// Custom7=LastPlayed

actions.saveStatistics = {
    title: _('Speichere Statistik-Daten in CustomFields ...'),
    hotkeyAble: false,
    disabled: uitools.notMediaListSelected,
    visible: window.uitools.getCanEdit,
    execute: async function () {
        var list = await uitools.getSelectedTracklist().whenLoaded();
        if (list.count === 0) {
            return;
        }
        list.forEach(function(itm) {
           itm.beginUpdate();
               if(itm.Rating > 0 && itm.Rating != Number(itm.Custom5)) {
                  itm.Custom5 = itm.Rating;
               };		
               if(itm.PlayCounter > 0 && itm.PlayCounter != Number(itm.Custom6)) {
                  itm.Custom6 = itm.PlayCounter;
               };
               if(itm.LastTimePlayed > 0 && itm.LastTimePlayed != Number(itm.Custom7)) {
                  itm.Custom7 = itm.LastTimePlayed;
               };
           itm.endUpdate();
        });
        list.commitAsync();                        
    }
}

window._menuItems.editTags.action.submenu.push({
        action: actions.saveStatistics,
        order: 90,
        grouporder: 10
});
I don't get an error message, but MediaMonkey / my script doesn't write any changes to the MP3 tags.

Can someone help me?
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

- MP3Tag, MP3Diags, MP3DirectCut, IrfanView
Ludek

Re: [REQ] Addon to save Playcounter, LastPlayed, SkipCounter, LastSkipped to tag

Post by Ludek »

I think it is capitalization issue.

Use camelCase instead of CamelCase
i.e.
itm.custom6 = itm.playCounter.toString();

BTW: You can easily debug this in DevTools , right-click an element in the Debug build > Open DevTools in Chrome
and then put breakpoint into your code to see/debug the properties/values like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/523y4v5kwo6ix ... 4.png?dl=0
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Don't get it to work. No one of the tried variants of upper/lower/mixed case works. Not even when I want to write values unconditional ​​...

itm.beginUpdate();
   itm.custom5 = itm.rating;
   itm.custom6 = itm.playCounter;
   itm.custom7 = itm.lastTimePlayed;
itm.endUpdate();
The MP3 file gets a new time stamp, something is saved, but not the IDTag updates I wanted.

itm.custom5 = itm.rating.toString();
raises an error.

I'm not familiar enough with Chrome development, so I can't debug it either. Guess I'll give up at that point.

Anyway, thank you for your time.
- MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 2016 # only essential addons # my 24/7 media server
- MMW MMW 5.0.4.2690 (non-portable, shared DB & files) on Windows 10 # playing, testing skins & addons # my desktop app
- MMA Pro (2.0.0.1063) on Android 10, 11, 12 Phones & Tabs # WiFi Sync # playing

Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Strange, for me this works fine:

itm.custom7 = itm.rating.toString();
i.e. opening track properties after this script run on the selected track shows the play count and rating values in the Custom6 and Cutsom7 fields on the [Custom] tab in Properties (tested with 5.0.1.2407)
Just note that 5 stars rating is converted to integer value 100 (like in the database), i.e. 20 = 1 star

For the lastTimePlayed I would recommend something like this (to be human readable):

itm.custom8 = app.utils.dateTime2Timestamp( itm.lastTimePlayed_UTC);
and for backward conversion:

itm.lastTimePlayed_UTC = app.utils.timestamp2DateTime( itm.custom8);
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

edit my original answer: it works, finally. Thank you, man!

The whole thing, in case anybody can do something useful with it ...

actions.saveStatistics = {
    title: _('Speichere Statistik-Daten in CustomFields ...'),
    hotkeyAble: false,
    disabled: uitools.notMediaListSelected,
    visible: window.uitools.getCanEdit,
    execute: async function () {
        var list = await uitools.getSelectedTracklist().whenLoaded();
        if (list.count === 0) {
            return;
        }
        list.forEach(function(itm) {

itm.beginUpdate();

if(itm.custom5 != itm.rating.toString()) {
                  itm.custom5 = itm.rating.toString();
		  itm.commitAsync();
               };	

if(itm.custom6 != itm.playCounter.toString()) {
		  itm.commitAsync();
               };

if(itm.custom7 != app.utils.dateTime2Timestamp(itm.lastTimePlayed_UTC)) {
                  itm.custom7 = app.utils.dateTime2Timestamp(itm.lastTimePlayed_UTC);
		  itm.commitAsync();
               };

itm.endUpdate();

});
        // list.commitAsync();                        
    }
}

window._menuItems.editTags.action.submenu.push({
        action: actions.saveStatistics,
        order: 90,
        grouporder: 10
});
It checks if anything has changed, and only then, the values were saved again.

Last question: How can i trigger that on playing, and on after/on syncing back metadata from MMA (as both change at least the playcounter/timestamp)?

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

Great to hear it's working now.

For triggering it on playing, I know you can add a listener for playbackState on the player.
Here's an example:

//listen for playback state to change
app.listen(player, 'playbackState', onPlaybackStateChange);

function onPlaybackStateChange(newState) {
	console.log(newState);
	switch(newState) {
		case 'pause':
			// do thing
			break;
		case 'stop':
			// do thing
			break;
		case 'trackChanged':
			// do thing
			break;
		case 'play':
			// do thing
		case 'unpause':
			// do thing
			break;
	}
}
As for running after syncing from MMA: I'm not sure, as I haven't dealt with any of the media sync stuff before, but maybe you can get somewhere with something along these lines.

mediaSyncHandlers['usb'].override({finishSyncing: function($super, sync, mode) {
    $super(sync, mode);
    // do custom stuff
}});
This would override the finishSyncing method for the USB media sync handler. I'm not sure if that would actually do what you're looking for; Ludek would probably be able to help better with that.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Sorry to ask that stupid question, but i'm totally new to that and just modified an existing script: Your code has to be a new script, along with the info.json-file and all that, or can i simply add that to the existing script? (that didn't work in the first try).

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

You can certainly add it to your existing addon, though I don't think you should put it in actions_add.js.

I'd recommend creating a mediaSync_add.js, within a subfolder named helpers. That's because the mediaSyncHandlers object is defined in that script.
Student electrical-computer engineer, web programmer, part-time MediaMonkey developer, full-time MediaMonkey enthusiast
I uploaded many addons to MM's addon page, but not all of those were created by me. "By drakinite, Submitted by drakinite" means I made it on my own time. "By Ventis Media, Inc., Submitted by drakinite" means it may have been made by me or another MediaMonkey developer, so instead of crediting/thanking me, please thank the team. You can still ask me for support on any of our addons.
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

so, (for the first part, update after beeing played in MMW) i added a "app.listen_add.js"-file with these code ...

app.listen(app, 'trackmodified', function (track) {

if(track.custom6 != track.playCounter.toString()) {
           track.custom6 = track.playCounter.toString();
	};

if(track.custom7 != app.utils.dateTime2Timestamp(track.lastTimePlayed_UTC)) {
           track.custom7 = app.utils.dateTime2Timestamp(track.lastTimePlayed_UTC);
	};

track.commitAsync();
    }                    
});
... but that seems to do nothing. i picked the code snipped from ludek, because i see (and understand) the track-reference, i didn't know, where i refer to the track or itm in drakinite's snippet.

edit: i searched, but found not, any addon / script with a similar functionality, where i can get an idea about the framework i need. if you can recommend someting, i dig into it.

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

The way you're naming your JS file isn't correct. Take a look at the "Code" and "init.js" sections of the wiki page: https://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/Gettin ... dons)#Code

If you name a script "app.listen_add.js", MM won't recognize it and it won't load/run that script.

I actually made an addon for a friend recently which utilizes the trackmodified event. It mimics the behavior of SMG, outputting the currently-playing track to a file (because SMG hasn't yet been updated to add support for MM5). It runs its main code in init.js. Hopefully this can be helpful to you: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHzUrf30uprqIxNKQC ... g?e=xDmMmt
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

Thank you, got the file, i will look into it. :wink:

Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

one step further: "init.js" with

requirejs('actions');
// Execute when the window is ready
window.whenReady(() => {

};

if(track.playCounter > 0 && track.custom7 != app.utils.dateTime2Timestamp(track.lastTimePlayed_UTC)) {
		};

track.commitAsync();                   
	});
});
seems to do the job; after playing a song, the custom fields were updated and all values are correct. but: that seems to trigger an endless loop (status info: 1 track to tag, counting up as more tracks are played); i guess it's the logic behind "do when modified => modify ===> do when modified".

"trackmodified" sounds good, as i expected this to trigger also after syncing back (=modify) playcounts from MMA. (not tested so far).

if not, i would go for a "do after song is played" trigger also. is there anything like this? or any other way to break the loop?

Ludek

Post by Ludek »

Yes, 'trackmodified' should work fine for all your purposes as it is fired everytime the track is somehow modified (despite the way how it was modified, be it sync, playback or anything else).

I would just adjust it like this (otherwise you commit tracks that don't have any modification)

requirejs('actions');
// Execute when the window is ready
window.whenReady(() => {

var modified = false;
        		modified = true;
		};

if(track.playCounter > 0 && track.custom7 != app.utils.dateTime2Timestamp(track.lastTimePlayed_UTC)) {
        		modified = true;
		};

if (modified)
			track.commitAsync();                   
	});
});
Andre_H

Post by Andre_H »

I'm going to test it tonight.

Thank you both for the support!

drakinite

Post by drakinite »

😊

Somewhat off topic, but that infinite loop reminded me of this: https://youtu.be/N6lYcXjd4pg